BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INPA is driving me crazy now! 3 separate software installs and i still cannot get it work properly!

I have tried bimmer geeks and mikes easy install (supposedly suitable for windows 10) + another i tried on the usb i got with the cable

Laptop is windows 10 Lenovo ideapad. only with slightly unusual about it is that it has an AMD A10 processor rather than Intel and it had to have a new hardrive after a year as the old on failed.

Software appears to have installed correctly and i have got the right K=DCAN cable but i am always getting the same error message. How changed devise to COM 1 etc, but it will not work. Screen shot of the issue below.
1610558648485.png
1610558676005.png

Kinda thinking the cable could be at fault.... also does anyone know what the yellow switch on the plug is for?
If anyone can help/ point me in the right direction it would be appreciated
Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a headache trying to set it up so paid a guy to do remote install and got ista inpa esys so I could do coding on newer stuff too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you got the contact details of the person who set it up fir you? How much did it cost? ideally hoping i can sort this out myself though...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you got the contact details of the person who set it up fir you? How much did it cost? ideally hoping i can sort this out myself though...
€100 but that was full bmw diagnostic sw Inc etk part & pricing system so would think only inpa would be a fraction of that price

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
€100 but that was full bmw diagnostic sw Inc etk part & pricing system so would think only inpa would be a fraction of that price
Do you have the guys contact? hoping that something like this can be resolved via remote access so it wont matter if he is the other end of the country

1 - 7 of 7 Posts