BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i purchaced one these cables from ebay and tried to download the software from cd supplied i cant seem to figure out
how to load it all !!! is there someone in the romford essex area that could help me out old man that i am (54) lol am not that clued up
on computers :-(

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hello. This is Microsoft technical support. I am be phoning about your computer. I am just neeeding your bank card details for the taking of money. :silly

Is this the bcables kit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should have bought your cable from cable-shack.co.uk ,jimmy provides tech support for the installation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha ha nice one snowblind !!! erm not sure its k+Dcan cable usb cable and disc if that makes sense ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't you have readme/install/how to file with this package? Tell us where is your problem.

Quick guide.
1. Install drivers FTDI ft232R
2. Don't forget to change COM port number to COM1 in device manager
3. Change latency timer for this port to 1ms
4. Install BMW Standard Tools, choose C: as your installation drive, choose STD:OBD as your hardware interface, restart PC
5. find Instprog.exe, run it and update your software, choose BMW UK Rectification program

Pretty much job's done. If you have good cable for your BMW, you can use INPA.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi wolf done all what you listed 1_4 fine no probs but when it comes to opening it up it says program incompatible ?? when i go into properties it only lists up to windows 8 but my laptop is running 10 ? im just about ready to smash my laptop up stressing me out BIG TIME lol !!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep done all that !! was wondering does it have to be connected to cars obd before it opens up ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 04 525i & am new to BMW's but am very interested in learning as much as I can about them so I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to the right cord I would need to go from my car to a 2018 HP laptop with windows 10?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts