BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum so hi guys . My question is I've replaced the exhaust manifold on my 2005 e53 3.0 diesel. Now after putting it back together. I removed top end to go the job . Other than a egr banking plate . Ow it's all back together it turns over but dosnt fire .its just popping . I'm sure all I injectors are in the same order and I do t seem to have missed a plug off .any suggestions to why it's not firing ? Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,520 Posts
Do you mean injectors are popping/jumping? Have you installed the injector clamps the wrong way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its chugging past copper washers as I'm waiting for new ones at mo having to order online due to vovid
But I assumed it would start but maybe leak a bit or even miss fife but wont even start .

·
Super Moderator
3,520 Posts
And you are sure the clamps are not upside down and that's why the injectors are leaking compression? Put a picture of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After pulling off inlet manifold to see what was going on .I had indeed got clamps upside down . I'm rather annoyed as I didnt rush stripping it down. That said it was a week a go due to work . So big thanks clavurion you were spot on . And just a side note .having replaced cracked manifold and blanking egr at manifold end .car us much more responsive and no eml to have mapped out .

·
Super Moderator
3,520 Posts
No worries! Not the first time this same thing has happened and that's why I kind of guessed this must be the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts