BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ralph, the forum meets co-ordinator, has kindly sent an induction kit heatshield to me.

It was made by Bill, who I must say made an excellent job on it.

I am awaiting instructions as per paying for the heatshield, as Bill needs to get his thumb out of his backside and give it to Ralph/me so I can pay him te £30 Ralph owes him..

Small backstory; Bill created this thread after making a heatshield at his work, some forum member wanted them and Ralph got one of 6 made for members. Ralph hasn't paid Bill since recieving it at Santa Pod [I believe], and so the deal is that instead of paying Ralph; who's likely to spend it on his car or something silly like that - I pay Bill directly the monies owed to him.

I have just got to say, I'm amazed at the amount of trust these guys put in members on the forum, and am delighted to have recieved this heatshield today. It was wrapped exceptionally well for shipment, although required a bit of elbow grease to get into!

Now for the tricky part.. Figuring out how the hell I fit it. Pictures after the jump.

=====

The packaging:

The heatshield:

The brackets:

Now I need to figure out how to fit it to:

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Ralph, the forum meets co-ordinator, has kindly sent an induction kit heatshield to me.

It was made by Bill, who I must say made an excellent job on it.

I am awaiting instructions as per paying for the heatshield, as Bill needs to get his thumb out of his backside and give it to Ralph/me so I can pay him te £30 Ralph owes him..

Small backstory; Bill created this thread after making a heatshield at his work, some forum member wanted them and Ralph got one of 6 made for members. Ralph hasn't paid Bill since recieving it at Santa Pod [I believe], and so the deal is that instead of paying Ralph; who's likely to spend it on his car or something silly like that - I pay Bill directly the monies owed to him.

I have just got to say, I'm amazed at the amount of trust these guys put in members on the forum, and am delighted to have recieved this heatshield today. It was wrapped exceptionally well for shipment, although required a bit of elbow grease to get into!

Now for the tricky part.. Figuring out how the hell I fit it. Pictures after the jump.

=====

The packaging:

The heatshield:

The brackets:

Now I need to figure out how to fit it to:
Mrlamper
you got it then:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Ralph, yes I did!

I'll be tackling it as soon as I come back from the butchers with tonights Haggis.
Haven't had the time to hunt them this year. :frown

·
Registered
216 Posts
need to get around to bending an ally sheet to make one of these but if someones making em gimmie a pm n save me the hassle!!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
838 Posts
m r lamper spoke to ralph to day pm me your email adress i and i will send you paypal account details here is a pic bottom bracket fit on chassi near rad
hope this helps
bill

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone wants, and I've got! :D

It's a bit more complicated to fit mine Bill, but I'm about to go out and tackle it!

It's currently sitting in there, but it's fixing the brackets to the car. Had to get some nuts and bolt and some more brackets for it.

Pictures will explain, I'll do a how-to for 316i and 318i members who get one from you! :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I've just realised the time; I'm going to leave it 'til the morning. So tired. :frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
318 Posts
dear mr gunner1/bill, pretty please make some more heatshields. :hihi
my car has seen the one you made and now gives me a dirty look when i get near it, i think it wants to break down to make me suffer as it hasnt yet got a heatshield.
if you make some more, perhaps one for my 328i :thumbsup , then my car might be nice to me again and may just pass the upcoming m.o.t without any problems. :)
and i would put you on my xmas card list too:rofl
so if by any chance you do make more and have one spare for my poor un-heatshielded car, then let me know how much you would like for it.
pretty please!
pretty please with a cherry flavoured bmw badge on top :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
I would still like one of these please if that's ok, send me a private message with paypal details with a price to ship to DN2 6QH and I will make payment asap thanks :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You are about to be overwhelmed with orders bill :rofl

Oh guess what... I would love one as well :) If you have the time to make an extra one it would be much appreciated! :) just fire me a pm with details if it's ok.

They look like a really good build quality! V.impressed! :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's now been fitted securely, and will post a picture tomorrow, I had to grind a big chunk out, too. :frown The hole it left has been filled! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts