BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Ive took my front indicator off as it had steamed up so much there was bout half inch of water in the bottom of it:shifty:, Im in the process of drying it out but theres this hole in the back of it (it has a little rubber elbow on it)

Would it be a good idea to seal that hole as I cant see any other way of it getting steamed up as there is a good seal round the bulb holder.:thumbsup

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi all, Ive took my front indicator off as it had steamed up so much there was bout half inch of water in the bottom of it:shifty:, Im in the process of drying it out but theres this hole in the back of it (it has a little rubber elbow on it)

Would it be a good idea to seal that hole as I cant see any other way of it getting steamed up as there is a good seal round the bulb holder.:thumbsup
Hmm.
I used to have that problem Stevey when I was using replica or non OEM lenses...

but when I went to BMW ones it went away. I assume it was down to the poor seal.

I cant see why the hell it has a hole in it unless its to prevent moisture buildup.....

What make are the indicators? I would put money on the seal....

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah theyre not OEM ones think theyre Sonar?:confused

Anyway Ive managed to break one of the guides on the headlight that hold the indicator in place
Number 1 on here

Its the top clip and now the indicator doesnt sit flush:mad

If I were to just buy item 1 how does it fit to the main headlight unit?

Does it require some sort of bonding/sealant or does it just clip together?

Or am I gonna have to buy a whole new headlight unit?:eek

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
item 1 is the headlight assy as far as i can see :s
might be time for a trip to your local breakers ;)
I thought it was just the lense?:confused

Checked GSF it lists the whole headlight unit at 150 quid but the lense at 60?

Youve confused me now:rofl

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tried BM Bitz headlight 65 quid +VAT second hand, seems reasonable.....

Just another thing to add to the list:rofl

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a never ending list aint it? lol :)
Dont get me started just when I get one thing sorted another problem pops up, then theres my plans for my car which are forever being delayed by all these stupid little niggles:timebomb, it was never like this with my bike:frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bit of an update, so far, so good, no condensation at the minute, I left the hole open and put the rubber elbow back on, facing down.:thumbsup

Sure it was facing up before, therefore trapping the condensation, thought it was odd as the left side was ok:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts