BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello - been reading these pages since I put down a deposit on a starship-mileage 320d last weekend. The garage said it should be with me on tuesday, but it's having to have the injectors reconditioned (two of them anyway) as it's got a running problem! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are sorting it, but I'm so impatient! Was really looking forward to getting into the BMW this weekend and it's looking like middle of next week now :(

As soon as it arrives, I'll post pics :) It's nothing special, certainly compared to some of the beasts around here, but I really like it and it's my first BMW outside of a dreadfully abused e36 318i ;)

Cheers,
James :cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far is it to get to the moon and back? ;)

Over 200k :)

I realise that's a lot, but the price reflected it and the car has fully service history, tons of paperwork and (injector problem aside) runs beautifully.

·
Registered
781 Posts
High mileage 320d? What age? If E46 I'd certainly be thinking swirl flap removal or inlet manifold replacement if it hasn't already been done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fella, it is an e46 (2002) - aye, when I get it I shall look at the swirl flaps and see if they've been removed. If not, I think I'll do it - just nervous about getting that inlet manifold off!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks fella, it is an e46 (2002) - aye, when I get it I shall look at the swirl flaps and see if they've been removed. If not, I think I'll do it - just nervous about getting that inlet manifold off!
I don't blame you, especially if you've little spanner time. It's quite a straight forward job though, just time consuming.

The truth is, if it's made it to 200k miles without detonating it's probably going to be ok. Better safe than sorry though. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done jobs on other cars I've had, so I reckon I'll be brave! That said, you're right - if it's made it to the miles it's done, perhaps they have already been done!

Regardless, the car is under 3 month warranty so the day that finishes, I'll be investigating!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've done jobs on other cars I've had, so I reckon I'll be brave! That said, you're right - if it's made it to the miles it's done, perhaps they have already been done!

Regardless, the car is under 3 month warranty so the day that finishes, I'll be investigating!
Those three month used car warranties usually have a maximum claim limit and it's highly unlikely that the limit will cover the damage swirl flaps will do if they fail (normally new engine necessary). Check your warranty and if I'm right, I'd get them checked out sooner than that.

Good luck and enjoy, nice car choice :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts