BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own 320d Touring 2002. Bought a new key from USA only $8.00. I have had it cut and programmed it. The problem is it opens and closes the doors but does not start the car. However, if I start it with the orginal key, turn it off, the new key will now start the engine. Can anyone help me to cure this please.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The new key has not got the immobiliser chip.
You can sync any old or new key to open/close the locks but it has to have the chip to start the car.
When you start the car with your old key and then straight away put the new key in yes that will work as the car has not gone back to sleep.

·
Administrator
11,457 Posts
The new key has not got the immobiliser chip.
You can sync any old or new key to open/close the locks but it has to have the chip to start the car.
When you start the car with your old key and then straight away put the new key in yes that will work as the car has not gone back to sleep.
It might have the chip but would need to be coded to the car with BMW diagnostics

·
Registered
132 Posts
You need to buy a ak90 off eBay they are about $40 and you take the ews module out and your able to read straight off the main chip and it comes with a little box u put the new key in to and flash the transponder. BMW can not do this. I have been making BMW keys for almost 2 years. No way to wire the ews to stay open. Also that new key you got most likely pops apart in the middle. You will need to open it up and put a couple of drops of super glue because if you don’t they will pop apart about the 10th time you use and u will most likely loose the transponder in the floor board.
Ak90 is your only solution. You will need a computer also. A laptop is not required because you have to remove the ews box from underneath the drivers side dash. It’s a 10 minute job a few Phillip’s head screws and a couple of 10mm plastic bolts for the ews. The ews is a small white box right near the light switch with a single plug. It’s extremely easy to do. Don’t be intimidated.
The way I started making keys was I was able to get a key cutting machine and the ak90 for less than a new key from BMW. Also it’s really profitable. I charge 1/2 price of the dealership and as you know the blanks are cheap.
Good luck. Pm me if you have any further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts