BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if anyone else thinks this is a worthwhile idea or not....but I was thinking it might be an idea to have some Meet Managers or Reps who co ordinate the meets for their own areas.

If anyone would like to volunteer for their 'region' please post up here and say why it should be you :hihi

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
its a good idea mate. I've been a member of various forums for years and in my experience its always good to have an "area Rep" if you like. too many cooks can spoil a broth so having one person to collate and organise is always a help. It is a lot to take on for one person though so its nice if other people do help out, but through them to keep every thing coming from one source.

·
Banned
344 Posts
sounds good to me mate as above would be good maybe to have say 2 "Regional Organizers" for each part of the country, EG.(South West Regional Organizer)?

Has been good on other forums i have been on!?

Stu

·
Registered
710 Posts
Quite an interesting idea you have there young Skywalker, but an ingenious one!!

Although I would have to agree with what both Stu and Red have said. I believe it would be better to have 2 area reps for each area, as then the work load is shared, but good communication would be a strong point for selection.

If the idea were to take off, I will gladly put myself forward to be considered as an area rep for the Lincolnshire area, although I do have a time consuming job when the season kicks back in, and will no doubt be on the road quite often, so this would have to be taken into consideration.

I believe it was LeedsCruize that I saw the idea on, but we could possibly start a fund for the meets, conforming to local laws, etc, and generally being good boys while we drool over the cars at each meet, but also having literature printed up for each area's meet, for which I know a very good designer and a printing company, to spread the word of the forum and meets.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
This is a fantastic idea:thumbsup

sounds good to me mate as above would be good maybe to have say 2 "Regional Organizers" for each part of the country, EG.(South West Regional Organizer)?

Has been good on other forums i have been on!?

Stu

Good chap STU, as you have been keen to organise in our area I am very happy to put your name forward, especially as you have seen it on other forums:hihi

You may have to come online more often though to ensure things are all in hand:shifty:

·
Banned
344 Posts
This is a fantastic idea:thumbsup

Good chap STU, as you have been keen to organise in our area I am very happy to put your name forward, especially as you have seen it on other forums:hihi

You may have to come online more often though to ensure things are all in hand:shifty:
yeah i will see what i can do :thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
I would like to organise an event in the summer in the midlands if there is enough interest! I have ideas, on the event. So if i get a show of hands id like to co-ordinate it?:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
whilst im here, would anybody be interested in a small rally stage being included? maybe a rivalry meet with another manufacturer? Feedback is appreciated!:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
thats plenty of hands:hihi

well if i get the interest, i will get to work, its going to be hard work getting all that together, but im confident i can do it.

Reactions: RYM

·
Banned
478 Posts
Definately, warmer weather will be here soon that we think, and if we get the planning done now, we could have a good meet!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would like to organise an event in the summer in the midlands if there is enough interest! I have ideas, on the event. So if i get a show of hands id like to co-ordinate it?:thumbsup
and if there is 2 per area then i would be no2 , i have been a moderator on other sites and a convoy leader for cruises around the country

·
Banned
478 Posts
Why not make it one good one?? i aint power crazed so im happy to share the responsibility mate, up to you? :thumbsup

In fact, it sounds like you have the experience behind you mate, so why not take it on? i have ideas for sure but, if you have done this kind of thing before, it makes better sense for you to take it on.... i'll help you if you need mate..

Reactions: bmwkev

·
Registered
788 Posts
Why not make it one good one?? i aint power crazed so im happy to share the responsibility mate, up to you? :thumbsup

In fact, it sounds like you have the experience behind you mate, so why not take it on? i have ideas for sure but, if you have done this kind of thing before, it makes better sense for you to take it on.... i'll help you if you need mate..

well it should be very easy since there is only 2 of us in the west mids lol no serious mate you go for it and i will back you up and help when needed. :thumbsup

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would be happy to do it for the South coast.

A because Im a female .. Lol im only joking.

I have organised alot of meets before, being in one of the UKs biggest car clubs. :)
But as I say I dont mind organising a few, plus I travel all over for car shows .

·
Banned
478 Posts
well it should be very easy since there is only 2 of us in the west mids lol no serious mate you go for it and i will back you up and help when needed. :thumbsup
:lol
We'll get the Bristol lot up here...:D, well if there aint gonna be many, then i will try and blend it in with another event.... Hopefully when the warmer whether comes, we'll get a bit more interest.:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.