BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll tell you what I cannot understand anyone who would like to make a living on ebay.

All I can say is what a bunch of C***s you can find on there:frown

If it wasn't for the fact that I need some extra money I'd just give the items away or smash them to pieces:hihi

Check out this cheeky F*****

You've received a Best Offer for your item. To accept this offer, please respond before it expires or the listing ends.

BMW E46 E39 Replacement Fog Lamps (PAIR)Offer price:£25.00Buy It Now price:£45.00

Offer expires:08-Apr-10 14:37:32 BST

We're talking BRAND NEW items still in the box. I started the price off at 50 quid which I know is more than fair and then thought I'd drop it because they'll probably sell a lot quicker being under the half ton mark.

The best offer is set to accept offers of 40 quid upwards IIRC.

I must be on drugs if this sort of offer is deemed appropriate surely???

If It was say 100 quid then I can understand someone trying to get 20 quid off but f*** me talk about pull my pants down and screw me:yikes

I still posted a polite reply though;)

It says BEST OFFER not take the Michael, I suggest you try elsewhere. Thank You for your humour

Another one the other day wanted to come and collect the same item. Kept asking for mobile number and post code but wouldn't push the buy it now button???

What is wrong with these people???

Got some external handles up too:cool

Question received over the weekend.

Do you have the keys?
I hunted the keys down and said sure I'll include them with the item.

Buyer says sure I'll take it. Okay I say, you'll need to hit the buy it now button though:cool

Comes through with a best offer?

part is marked up at 18 quid, so they offer 13 quid even after I've just said I'd include the key???

Banging head against wall comes to mind:frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
The worst part is when Ebay bend you over and proceed to ream their 10% out of you, then paypal fees on top:frown

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tbh Rym, you have always got to try your luck with stupid offers...you never know, the seller may bite. Done a few laughable ones myself on a few occasions with a max price in mind if the offer got declined, and only came across one guy who accepted. It's the way we live mate :hihi

·
Registered
150 Posts
RYM I find it funny too, I advertised my alloys a while back for 350, I hate the people who txt and say "i'll give you 150 tomorrow cash"

Yeah you can have the 3 with no tyres for that :D

IF I WANTED 150 THEY WOULD OF BEEN ADVERTISED AT 150!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
i wasnt aware paYPAL charged for the service!!so its costing me too part wih my own money?wtf!!:eek:mad

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Such stuff comes with Ebay, if you know you have a great product at an honest/attractive price then you just have to hang in there until the right person comes along or use the 'buy now' price.

From what I have seen, folks on Ebay are bargain hunters.

May be worth putting a foot note in your adverts to state that the items are quality, price is decent and that anyone wanting to make ridiculous offers needn't bother.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Sorry to be contrary, but I don't see the issue.

Each seller can chose to add (or not) a buy-it-now, best offer, start price and reserve if they want? If I was offended by offers, I would simply not include the option?

In terms of fees etc (apart from having the choice to not use it at all!) I'm of the view the fees I pay to sell are many times less than the advantages I've had through buying stuff.

There are indeed other site which charge less (sometimes nothing) but the volume of sales and availability of 'stuff' is tiny (ever tried Gumtree - utter shite, populated by muggers and weirdos....0

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to be contrary, but I don't see the issue.

Each seller can chose to add (or not) a buy-it-now, best offer, start price and reserve if they want? If I was offended by offers, I would simply not include the option?

In terms of fees etc (apart from having the choice to not use it at all!) I'm of the view the fees I pay to sell are many times less than the advantages I've had through buying stuff.

There are indeed other site which charge less (sometimes nothing) but the volume of sales and availability of 'stuff' is tiny (ever tried Gumtree - utter shite, populated by muggers and weirdos....0

I pushed the "Best Offer" button not the "Pull my pants down and F*** me over button":lol

Silly me for thinking that people would be realistic when putting in offers. :hihi

I've never sold on ebay before this and to be honest I don't think I will be thinking of making a career out of it either:lol

All I'm interested in is making a FAIR return. Perhaps I should stick everything up for a couple of grand and see if that helps my causes in any way:rofl

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Yeeeeow! Ease off Steve!!

I do admire you confidence in our fellow human beings in terms of being 'fair' or 'realistic'.
XXanker management is a core competence for E-bay selling - I have to agree with you on that one!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought something as a buy it now yesterday only for the seller to come back today and say its out of stock WTF???-how he advertise something if he doesn't have it :confused

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought something as a buy it now yesterday only for the seller to come back today and say its out of stock WTF???-how he advertise something if he doesn't have it :confused
Advertising for business most likely. Good thing we don't do that with the forum stickers mate :rofl

·
Registered
7 Posts
How is this for salt on the wounds-the refund won't be released by paypal for 7-9 days WTF-so they earn a nice bit of interest on my money when it could be in my bank earning me a nice bit of interest :mad:mad

as for the forum stickers....................................................

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
maybe it was that iranian comedian who tells us we dont know how to haggle on them adverts what pushed your bin button Rym...shoulda emailed him back with a counter offer of 55 quid ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
ebay is a joke the fees are stupid you pay to list then you pay when it sells then you pay again when you use paypal :mad
i sold my bmw on there not that long ago and it cost me 50 quid and i didnt even use paypal, it was a buy it now or best offer very cheep at 850 i was offered 500 :jaw-dropping

1 - 20 of 35 Posts