BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I was referring to the relatively limited physical damage the busted spring has done but when you put it into context like that, yes. Could have been a world of hurt.

Somebody, somewhere likes you and your family. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
thats what i said,,i actually had just gotten back from dealers for a battery cable recall,,naturally i thought what the **** have they done,,then realised they wouldnt of even had the car on a hoist for the cable..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All sorted now, new bits installed only thing is it’s sitting quite high in the passenger side now, done about 60 miles today with a few speed bumps but not settles, one thing I never checks was the height of the springs against each other

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Are the lower ends of the shocks sitting correctly in the clamps? You are probably going to want to take the car in somewhere that can sort the tracking properly. They should be able to sort out any issues with mismatched ride height at the same time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All seems to be seated correctly - not actually checked if the strut is sat correctly in the clamp on that side
ride height wise - It's about an inch & a half higher so it's very noticeable and not settled any more really
Its off in to get 2 new tyres in next couple of days so was going to get it tracked as I've had a few suspension arms fitted over last few moths too

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Spring needed turning a bit on the drivers side, both sides same now, still sitting a little high for my liking though, might have had lowering spring on front

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
And so it continues, had it tracked and now when braking over 50mph it feels like the someone banging the wheel with a hammer, thought it might have been discs at first but it’s really knocking line something is loose, it’s doing my head in, new parts all over and never drive so bad since I’ve had it

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Had it back over the tyre garage and the is that it looks like I need a pair of lower front arms as I have lots of play in the offside one and some play in the nearside

So I've had a look around and found some Ridex ones from AutoDoc, I was going to replace the front & rear track control arms and the droplinks while I was at it as they work out a fair bit cheaper and the other parts will need doing at some point in the near future by the looks of it.

I take it this is the front arm (red circle)

Anyone know how good/bad Ridex parts are?

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So both lower track control arms, stabilisers, done along with new brembo disks and pads and replaced a the dust shields too, vibrating clunking noise finally gone, the slight squeaking noise at the back turned out to be the offside outer lower bush, jacked it up and wheel moves slightly so just ordered one of them too, god it never ends, getting there, gonna order a sensor or two to see if I can sort out the back pressure and charge air errors, I need a better job to pay for this little lot!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sorted - got the bush fitted and the noise has gone, just a tracking session and all should be good now....................thanks god for that!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts