1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and bought another one. :D :D :D

Just bought the following:

1998 535i Sport - 5 Speed manual.

Full service history, 69,000 genuine miles, full sports leather etc etc.

Very, very happy right now. :D

Here the autotrader ad (my pics to follow):

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201101376338273

Don't worry, I didn't pay the full asking price and I got 6 months tax thrown in. :thumbsup

V8 soundtrack... lovin' it. :cool

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well done mate, looks the biz with those wheels as well:thumbsup

Look of talk about the V8s lately and its been getting me going.

Think ill get one as my hobby car instead of another m535, have to take my time though as not enough cash yet lol

Didnt mean to go on there mate, hope you enjoy your new motor:)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks nice mate, done no miles either, any plans for it, was it an implulse buy or have you been looking
I've been looking for a while. I really wanted a 535i or 540i manual.

It's been a 5 - hour round trip to get it. But well worth it.

As for plans for it, I think just a remap, slightly fruitier exhaust and possibly clear indicators and a non-wood interior trim. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I've been looking for a while. I really wanted a 535i or 540i manual.

It's been a 5 - hour round trip to get it. But well worth it.

As for plans for it, I think just a remap, slightly fruitier exhaust and possibly clear indicators and a non-wood interior trim. :thumbsup
Exactly the mods I would do...:thumbsup

Very nice car mate. I would love a V8, dont know about my insurance tho :hihi:hihi

·
Registered
71 Posts
the insurance on my 540 was cheaper than my 530! Go figure!

I replaced the orange on mine with clear lenses mate. Much cheaper than replacing the whole headlight, they are 80 quid a set.
do you have a link to the lenses please? sorry to highjack:silly

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
535i manual. Very nice car. Looks a genuine ad as well.....:thumbsup
You will love the V8 noise.....:cool
Everything checks out. There's a few little things to tidy on it (broken rear cup holder, the odd stone chip etc) but overall it drives like new. :)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly the mods I would do...:thumbsup

Very nice car mate. I would love a V8, dont know about my insurance tho :hihi:hihi
Well.... funny you should say that. When I rang to transfer my insurance over the company (RSA echoice) wouldn't insure the car! :mad

Despite the fact my last car (328i Coupe) was only one insurance group lower etc. I've got plenty of years NCB, no accidents claims and convictions etc etc and the car has plenty of security! :shifty:

Eventually went with Swiftcover - only costed me about £100 more than the 328i insurance. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well.... funny you should say that. When I rang to transfer my insurance over the company (RSA echoice) wouldn't insure the car! :mad

Despite the fact my last car (328i Coupe) was only one insurance group lower etc. I've got plenty of years NCB, no accidents claims and convictions etc etc and the car has plenty of security! :shifty:

Eventually went with Swiftcover - only costed me about £100 more than the 328i insurance. :thumbsup
I know, insurance is crazy:rofl When we had the 323 it was like 550, then we changed it to the e34 last April and it went up about 20 quid. Got the renewal in last week and it was £1700 lol. The cheapest new quote we got was near £700, crazy.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i've got a spare janspeed centre section if you want it mate, you'd just need a rear box then?
Does that replace the Y resonator?

What sort of money would you be looking for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts