BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i actually just had a ickle sex wee! ergh! darnt look again now im sat with the gals parents haha! good find mate! will look awesome with a proper detail ;) i hope it starts for ya plumb also i want sound clips of it being started ;) love old engines been started for the first time in along time! i know wierd!
Me too, i love that as well:hihi

Shell start ok after a bit but fingers crossed anyway, im forever an optimist with the old bmws but theyre built to last:thumbsup

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The end of a short lived era !!!!

Would it start would feck, fuel pump doesn't want to know.

Thanks Steve your a star, Steve has been giving it a once over, and keeping fit pushing it, easy wasn't it mate :sarcastic :thumbsup :rofl

More work with the welder than myself or Steve would care to do, too much to spend money on, you got to draw the line somewhere, it'd be a good project for someone who got somewhere in the dry to get on with it, who can do all the welding themselves.

Electric seem to work, the cental locking electric windows and roof, it cranks over ok and has oil pressure and also has aircon :eek

PM me if you want to take on Hugo for your next rare project.

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Few pics from today.
The M30

Give you the evil eye

And our Bimmerforums mini meet :hihi

I'd possibly brake Hugo if it didn't sell, but that would be a shame as he is so original and complete and rare, make a superb car when finished, just depends on how much TLC you can give him.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Gutted for ya mate after all the hassle:eek

Maybe somebody on that site, the one with the bloke doing all the bodywork would be interested in taking it off your hands?

Looks good in your drive tho plumb:D

Along with the 3 generations of the 3 series:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Gutted to hear the new mate :frown Looked tidy once you had washed her! Saw Steve yesterday and he said he was hoping it would be decent, be good if it stayed on the forum tho! :cool

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It really aint that bad but it is too much for me, too much for Steve if it was his.
Shame but thats the way it goes, win some loose some, least I've had a rare M535i for a short time :thumbsup

Nice to see some clever type with a welder rebuild it and show it at the nationals so we can all see it again :thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Its a shame really, the car doesnt look too bad from above and could look respectable fairly easy, but underneath is not great. sills are holed, N/S/R inner arch and the front inner wings have gone like tissue paper...:frown
Its deffo restorable as its not too far gone, but far beyond my skills and available time. For someone with a half decent workshop and welding skills it would be a great project. Its a bloody good looking car and inside is awsome. Hopefully someone will come along and save Hugo because its too complete and too nice to break. We got the bonnet open and the engine to turn over but it wouldnt fire as we suspect the underfloor fuel pump has siezed.

All in all a great iconic car which really is too good to break and needs a welders touch...:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
nightmare i WISH i had time and skills for that car! how much if any one would know... would all that welding cost at a shop?
its hard to say with out seeing it and very hard to say without going around it with a hammer.
from experience garages charge ridiculous amounts of money for welding compared to what a fab shop would.

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sold on ebay in 45 minutes :jaw-dropping

Was on the phone to Steve at the time and he said it's sold on the buy it now, I thought he was pulling my leg :hihi nice one Steve your my lucky rabbits foot from now on :hihi :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
We got the bonnet open and the engine to turn over but it wouldnt fire as we suspect the underfloor fuel pump has siezed.
Judging by the AFM, auxiliary air valve and cold start injector it's some variation of L or LE Jetronic, which generally means fuel injection relay. Unless, of course, you have powered the pump direct from a battery and worked the polarity back and to.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts