BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Hugo the Big daddy of the M series BMWs, He's a E12 M535i.
Heres the first pics, from the garage he was in for the last 13 years, to getting home and washed, polished the bonnet and roof, came up quite well.
Got some rust on the body, needs rear arches, the boot looking at, hole in the bottom of the N/S wing and sill.
First owner of Hugo was Andrew Lloyd-Webber

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, how long did the transformation take? What a car with such a history too!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
How did you find that then?
Looks like it racked up a few miles before it was put in storage but still, hell of a find :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
That's what I'm saying, it was probably a daily driver to do 132k in the 18 years before it got stored so it makes you wonder why they stopped using it.
Not a dig at all, just making the comment :)

Oh also, how did you hear about it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well done plumb and big up to ya mate:D

A nice low miler as well and looks original, sits good as well considering its been laid up so long.

Im sure youll get that tip top in no time.

Is the condition as good as you hoped like?

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I'm saying, it was probably a daily driver to do 132k in the 18 years before it got stored so it makes you wonder why they stopped using it.
Not a dig at all, just making the comment :)

Oh also, how did you hear about it?
132k aint much in 18 years either, he stopped using it because the boot lock broke and he had a range rover aswell so used that instead.

He's one of my customers and he showed me it in his garage a few months back when I was working at his house.

·
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done plumb and big up to ya mate:D

A nice low miler as well and looks original, sits good as well considering its been laid up so long.

Im sure youll get that tip top in no time.

Is the condition as good as you hoped like?
I think I was suprised that it was better than I had hoped it was going to be really.

Superb plumb, lovely looking motor.

What plans have you got for her then?
Restore it and sticks some 17" BBS LMs on Lewy, story the old wheels after they have been refurbed.

·
BFUK Meets Organiser
1,167 Posts
Nice find Mark and good to see it parked at your house. This is going to be one hell of a project:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
i actually just had a ickle sex wee! ergh! darnt look again now im sat with the gals parents haha! good find mate! will look awesome with a proper detail ;) i hope it starts for ya plumb also i want sound clips of it being started ;) love old engines been started for the first time in along time! i know wierd!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts