BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006, 650i, manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned a E63 650i with a manual transmission since 2011.

Tragically it was stolen a couple of weeks ago, professionally it seems as it was found a week later with fake plates and a tad beaten up.

It was only found because they broke the clutch; you can change gear but there’s no drive.

They also trashed the bumpers but worst of all was the damage they did to the interior looking for a tracker which didn’t exist.

My issue is that although I insured it for £10,000 the insurance company say it’s only worth £5,200 and wants to write is off as it’s uneconomical to repair.

It was in mint condition with only had 84,000 miles and as previously mentioned the rarer manual version.

Can anybody recommend a person / organisation that may be able to give me a valuation that the insurance company might listen to?

Would be a shame to lose it as we’ve had lots of happy memories in it and they’re amazing cars; never be made again as the world goes electric.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check on auto trader for cars that are close to yours and send pics of yours showing the condition and hopefully they will raise the value, it's worth a shot

·
Registered
2011 e93 320d
17 Posts
Insurance companies always try to lowball you, it’s their opening of negotiations. If you start straight off by telling them that the offer is unacceptably low, they will come up a bit in price but more importantly, they will justify their offer to you. This justification gives you a good starting point for further attacking their offer. You will have to be aggressive if you want to get a realistic write-off price, or your car repaired. You should also make sure That the repair costs you have don’t actually exceed 80% of the cars value.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I had the same issue on 2016. My mint 2004 manual 645 was totalled in a collision, unequivocally the other party to blame. Insurance company did not recognise huge difference in value between a manual and automatic. Cue debate, which I eventually won and they paid much more than the auto equivalent. Now have an auto 650 e63/64 simply because I could not find a decent manual.

stick to your guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts