BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a thread to show how to remove the OBD port, A few of you have asked how to do this so here it is. 10minute job.

Tools: you need a philips headed screwdriver and a set of torx screwdriver bits/screwdrivers.

1. remove the 3 x torx screws from the kick panel below the steering column.

2. Next remove the phillips screw in the bonnet release handle.

3. remove the panel screw behind the handle you just removed, this will loosen up the panel a little.

4. Pull the trim off from around the OBD port. Note: you may need to use some force as there are two panel clips behind it.

5. Remove the screws from the top and bottom of the OBD port to release it from the mounting.

Put the screws back so they dont get lost (or put a dummy OBD port in place if you already have one)

6. Hide the OBD port somewhere in that dash area.

7. Replace all the panels in the reverse order. note the panel clip still in the body work (if this happens slide the panel back into it)

8. Put the cover back on and go have a cuppa with the knowledge your car is now a lot harder for the little sh*ts so steal.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great post, i'm guessing the exact same method applies for a 2009 X5??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome!
Just did this work on my car. Didn't have a torex screw driver, so took a bit longer. Think I am going to invest in one! (Seeing as I will have to reverse this process when taking it in for a service etc)

My car was missing the ODB port connector, so just messaged couple of breakers on eBay if they can sell me the cover + port. (Will install a dummy :p)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
Sorry to bring back an old tread but I'm trying to follow the instructions but I can't see the pictures.
Any idea where I can get them?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
Sorry to bring back an old tread but I'm trying to follow the instructions but I can't see the pictures.
Thanks
Hello friends,

Like JMarco88, i would appreciate if someone could put the pictures online again :)

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi.
Thanks
Ditto. Looks to be a great thread but is it possible to re-add the pictures?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts