BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If like me, some of you couldn't find out how to take off your rear head rests on the internet, i decided to undertake it my self and make a how to. So here it is!

First off, this is a very lengthy and annoying process.

1. Removed the rear seats (they just pull out, just give them a tug)
2. Next pull off the rear door pillar covers, they pull off too but are a pain in the back side to get back on, be careful not to pull too hard as there are wires on the other side for lights and heated windscreen.
3. Next pop up all the black plastic studs holding in the rear parcel shelf. I used a flat bladed screw driver for this.
4. Now pull up the parcel shelf, you will probably only be able to pull up the nearest bit to you as its held in in the back too but that is irrelevent for this. You will see a yellow layer under the parcel shelf. Pull that down and you will see the posts for the head rests and therefore the evil pins that hold them in. On my car there was one on each post, so that's four all together. See attached photo.
5. Just pull the pins off with a pair of pliers and the rests just slide out no bother at all.
6. To put back together just do a reversal.
Hope this helps! And to the administrators, sorry if it isn't in the right forum!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:

Well i removed mine to fit a pair of leather ones, some people might want more rear visibility. I'm sure there are many a reason lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.