BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 E36 328i auto saloon
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a look at installing some 3d printed cupholders which I have managed to source for under £10 shipped.

To install them I have to remove the ashtray next to the handbrake lever.

I saw a thread mentioning these partitions are interchangeable and pop-out from the sides, however, the centre console used in that thread looked different to mine so I wanted to confirm how to remove my ashtray without damaging it.

My centre console and ash-tray looks identical to the one in this photo

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
845 Posts
I have had a look at installing some 3d printed cupholders which I have managed to source for under £10 shipped.

To install them I have to remove the ashtray next to the handbrake lever.

I saw a thread mentioning these partitions are interchangeable and pop-out from the sides, however, the centre console used in that thread looked different to mine so I wanted to confirm how to remove my ashtray without damaging it.

My centre console and ash-tray looks identical to the one in this photo

By looking at the picture it looks like a separate bit from the rest so you should be able to pry it out gently. Get a plastic pry tool, don’t use a metal screw driver as that could damage the plastic. Or when you open up the lid is there any screws?

·
Registered
95 E36 328i auto saloon
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok turns out the very central piece just pulls straight out, comes out super easily.

Below that is two screws which undoes the rest of it and it comes out easily.

Solved :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts