BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a used E46 and I wanted to be able to check the full spec. Most things are pretty obvious, like you can see it has cruise, hear it has parking sensors etc. But I think it also has rain sensing wipers for example, but not sure... (they are either automatic or I have an intermittent wiring problem which synchronizes with the rain!!)

I wanted to check the car had the later (204bhp 330d) motor, which I did using an online tool someone kindly linked to as I'd tried calling the BMW car info line and they couldn't tell me the engine which was fitted!!

So I was wondering what the best way of finding out all the options was? Would that be calling/visiting a BMW dealer and asking? Or is there another online tool I can use?

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Go to the dealer ask them to do a vehicle specification enquiry and print it out

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what year is your car?auto or manual. if its a 6 speed manual its 204. build date march 03 onwards.

other thing to try is lift the rear bench in your car, its where the original spec lists were kept ;) you might get lucky
Hi, the engine code was one thing I have actually been able to confirm using the online VIN code checker. It's the options I now want to check.

Go to the dealer ask them to do a vehicle specification enquiry and print it out
Ok, is there no way to do it online?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, thanks for the tip. I looked under the rear bench. There were a couple of pieces of paper but they didn't have the full spec on them. I'll try my local dealer in the week. Ta.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Local dealer did it for my X5. Handed them the key and then 2 minutes later got handed 2 sheets of a4 with the entire spec for the car on it from the colour to the amount of keys supplied

·
Registered
138 Posts
Was no charge for me either. I asked how I would find out as the BMW helpline want a pound a minute and they wont even give you a print out and the girl said Gimme your key back Sir and 2 mins later there it was off the printer.:thumbsup

Reactions: Mad_Bmw_Driver
1 - 16 of 16 Posts