BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Couple of quick questions:

Bought an adapter kit of eBay, and while it mostly fits, I'm not sure what to do with the steering wheel control adaptor. I've got the connections from the head unit to the adapter, but then where does this thing head to??

How do you remove the glove box to get the wiring out of the way? Mine's currently blocking access to get the unit in place.

Guide is great otherwise. Really helpful!

·
Registered
1 Posts
SWC trouble

Hi guys,
I'm new on this forum and new to BMW so bear with me...

I have a BMW 320d Touring from 2001 that had the cassette player and the 6 discs changer in the boot so I decided to upgrade it and I got a JVC KD-X220 stereo from Halfords for £40 (didn't want to speend too much in case it wasnt going to work). I managed to make it work and its a great improvment in sound over the OEM. The only problem is that I can't get the steering wheel controls to work. Apart from the fascia, and the cable adaptors, I also bought the steering wheel adaptor from amazon. The problem is that the wiring harness from the stereo has one wire (white& blue i believe) that is labeled as "steering wheel remote" while the adapter i got from amazon has a 3.5mm jack and a brown wire. How are you supposed to connect the two so the controls work?

Any help would be appreciated and I do apologize if I posted in the wrong place.

regards.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I realise this is now an old post but still a good one.
Ive just bought an E46 and it has a tape player, Im assuming I can swop this to the readily available CD players?
Just wondering if these will need a code?
Many thanks for any answers.
Cheers

61 - 64 of 64 Posts