BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be fun for folk to chime in with their insanely over inflated BMW dealership quotes for work on their cars...

- What is the most money you've ever been quoted by BMW and what was it for?
- Did you have the work done or did you do it cheaper elsewhere??

I just read in an earlier post today one chap was quoted £690 parts and labour to fit £100 O2 sensor, which is a 15 minute job.!! £690.!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Can't say I've ever asked a dealer for a quote in my life!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Oooooooh just wait untill i speak to my brother later i will get proper prices he paid whenever i had a cheaper answer via forum or just common sense for him hed never take my advice older brother mentality and all that from him hes the type to tell me jog on hes taking it to bmw sytner where he bought it used all his MOT's etc he went their for i know he paid £1200 to fit a couple of new alloys to replace the damaged MV4's he had on think he paid about £800 for a service once which almost choked me in laughter i will get the exact figures i seen that thread your on about for £690 labour and parts on a O2 sensor what a joke i work at volvo truck and bus jct 10 m6 dealer i know we charge £70 per hour so im guessing bmw have charged a good few hours to get a bill of £690 i do lot of paperwork as i work for the warranty dept best one ive seen from volvo was a £140 invioce for changing 507a bulb that cost £1.80 they tell you all sorts how they could access it due to another problem so took longer etc thats how these big blue chip companies makes hundreds of thousand pounds per week alot our inhouse contracts so customers dont care on price aslong as they get their vehicle back asap

ive never had any work done at bmw as im not stupid but phoned for a price on a new abs pump once it was over £1200 i kndly declined and bought a used one for £50 cars been fine for years now

·
Registered
78 Posts
I (for research only) asked for a quote for 2 rear tyres for my e71 (X6) and they came back with £1000 fitted. Couldn't help but laugh and say no thanks, yet some people just book in a car for work without asking for a quote.

Reactions: mcbonio

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i remember them stiffing me 87 quid for 6.5litres of LL01 spec oil when i had it serviced many years ago...i asked them do i get to keep the rest of the feckin barrel...:shifty:

·
Administrator
4,206 Posts
Oh yeah, had the main dealer do the tyres on my weekend toy as I didn't want anyone else doing it. They negotiated a bit until it was about £40 extra for the pair. It was worth it as the car is sensitive to balancing and I didn't want the wheels damaged. I think the total bill for a service, two tyres, track rod ends, 4WA, MOT and a spoiler brake light unit was £1250...

·
Registered
648 Posts
One of the A/C pipes had a leak, went to BMW to see how much it'll cost to replace that pipe as I already knew where the leak was. They said that they'll have to diagnose it first which would be £70, then however much for the parts and labour. I replied with "I already know where the leak is, and there's nothing else wrong with it", they said that they still needed to diagnose it. So I left.

Also for an Oil and filter change, I looked online and for the 523i, it was only £10 cheaper (£170) than servicing an M5, but approximately £50 more than servicing an E60.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
£1800 to replace a rocker cover gasket when the actual fault was a loose oil filler cap.

I said "No". Or words to that effect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
£2000 to replace a blocked DPF...

Indy diagnosed stats and regenerated the DPF. £400 genuine parts and a service to boot. that was over 10,000 miles ago. Not been to the dealer since....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts