BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was thinking of selling my car... Might not bother if its not worth enough to go through the hassle. Just bored of it.

Sorry Mod's, didn't know which section to post this in because its not technically for sale..?

BMW 318IS Coupe, Black, '94'
Cream leather interior,
17" alloys (two good tyres, two close to change),
182K Miles,
Needs farside rear shock,
ABS light on (came on same time rear shock started leaking),
Front nearside wing has rust.
MOT May - Tax April,
New battery,
Changed alternator and starter,
Runs very well - Mega reliable,
FSH till 114K miles - previous owner serviced himself,
CD player, plays mp3's and wma's.

Cars does need a little tidy (seats and wing).

Whats it worth? Be honest. Just wanna know if its worth selling or just keeping till it dies?

·
Registered
710 Posts
How much were you looking for? Been after a coupe myself, but had to settle with a 4dr, and now the missus wants a BMW.

Any pictures of the beast? Would make pricing a little easier really...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not got any pics will try take some today. Its not technically for sale yet. Scouting to see if its worth ma while. I just get pretty bored of cars quite quick. Was thinking of getting a 91-95 2.5 donour car and changing everything onto the 318 but cant really be bothered. I'll try get couple pics for a correct evaluation. Need more power.

Dunno how much i'm looking for cause i dunno what its worth? The prices on the net seem to fluctuate massively.

·
Registered
210 Posts
based on what you've described (age, mileage, condition), I'd have thought 4-600?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Depending on pictures, I was going to offer in the region of £600, and that I'd come to collect. A coupe would be nice to add to the collection.

Let us know if you do put it up for sale, as I would be very interested!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Was thinking of selling my car... Might not bother if its not worth enough to go through the hassle. Just bored of it.

Sorry Mod's, didn't know which section to post this in because its not technically for sale..?

BMW 318IS Coupe, Black, '94'
Cream leather interior,
17" alloys (two good tyres, two close to change),
182K Miles,
Needs farside rear shock,
ABS light on (came on same time rear shock started leaking),
Front nearside wing has rust.
MOT May - Tax April,
New battery,
Changed alternator and starter,
Runs very well - Mega reliable,
FSH till 114K miles - previous owner serviced himself,
CD player, plays mp3's and wma's.

Cars does need a little tidy (seats and wing).

Whats it worth? Be honest. Just wanna know if its worth selling or just keeping till it dies?
Id say the above offer sounds fair TBO.

The bottom has truly dropped out of the E36 market (and lots of other nice cars),
E30s now fetch more than E36s in many cases!! crazy

·
Registered
401 Posts
ill sell the complete running gear out of a 96 328i for the right price, still in the car so can be heard running and everything is mated up still so can confirm mileage

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i were to be going down road of giving it more power i'd be wanting almost everything apart from the interior and the chassis... Suspension, brakes, engine, box, diff, prop, engine wiring (EWS), clocks etc.... Thats why i dont think i can be bothered... Thanks though..

Would think about a swop... I just need a different car to keep me entertained...

·
Registered
401 Posts
ive got a complete car wich i started to hack up as a project, however circumstances have changed so its either sell now or keep and start again next winter, its only good for donor parts but everything is there, engine, box, propshaft, diff, loom, keys, hubs etc all there, can still be towed or trailered as its still on its wheels but cant be driven, can be test drove tho but itll be cold!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hack up in what way? Looking at putting a track car together over the next couple of months..

·
Registered
210 Posts
to hijack slightly, as above - I'm considering getting rid of my H22 civic to replace with an E36 325 / 328 - if it works, I'm not fussed about it having an interior etc.

·
Registered
710 Posts
After a little investigation, it appears it only cost him 670 of the queens beer tokens, so I would have to re-adjust my estimate, to around the £500 mark unfortunately...

Still very interested in the car however, and open to negotiations on price...

·
Registered
401 Posts
my car has had the grinder to it already, the pass side rear door has had all the inner panel took out to accomodate a rather large piece of box section thats been welded into the frame of the car, the inside of the door had to be cut out so i can hide that box section later on, but the top of the door has also been cut of so like i said its only good for parts, all the mounting points for the rear seat and belt have been cut out and smoothed aswell so back seats will never go back in unless your any good at fab work, id like to keep it as its a decent project but unless i can shift my 5 series its going to have to go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i paid 545 for a 318si coupe
no rust anywhere
160k fsh upto 130k
1 tyre is on the limit
drivers window works when it feels like it
would put a price of 400 - 700

·
Registered
710 Posts
You looking at selling too?

Seriously after a coupe to modify..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ye i paid 670 but i had to replace starter, drivers window motor, window wiper module. It was advertised at 800 but due to these faults that he never told me about i had to take money off...

I also replaced battery and alternator... Really the car never turned out that cheap for me..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts