BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really finding it hard :eek

Played footie last night, nice clean tackle, and felt my knee go. Couldn't put any weight on it, went to A&E, got back at 2am. Great. Muscle damage/hamstring damage at this stage they reckon.

Damn sore, thank god I machined the car last weekend :hihi

I reckon I may detail the crutches for something to do.......

·
Registered
488 Posts
When i came of my bike last year i had muscle and ligament damage. Used the crutches for day and struggled. Found it easier to hop / limp around without them! You tackled any stairs yet?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i came of my bike last year i had muscle and ligament damage. Used the crutches for day and struggled. Found it easier to hop / limp around without them! You tackled any stairs yet?
I shuffled up them sat down :hihi

How long did it take to recover ? They were most helpful in A&E, 5 days> 5 months, pretty big window then......

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've not had to use them but a friend commuted (on the tube) most days to work when he did his metartarsal. Arms to stomach roll ratio maybe a factor :hihi

Tbh I had the same when I broke my toe earlier in the season from the NHS and again when I damaged the ankle. Go away your not getting an xray it'll get better on it's own. When I asked for a timescale they said you'll know when it feels better :jaw-dropping

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
My knees have been pushed and pulled a fair few times and never got the hang of them, only advice I'd give is use them as short a time as possible as muscle wasting happens very quickly and takes a fair time to get back to normal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never found crutches a problem, had them a few years ago when I broke my ankle. Thought they were quite fun lol.

Wouldn't of thought that if I had a car at the time though!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I lived on them for around 19 weeks, by the end of it your be swinging in them ;)

And if you need them for 5 year then your be eating and smoking from them too :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
My knees have been pushed and pulled a fair few times and never got the hang of them, only advice I'd give is use them as short a time as possible as muscle wasting happens very quickly and takes a fair time to get back to normal.
to be fair martyn he aint as 'senior' as you:thumbsupnot far off though:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi:shifty:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
" Detail the crutches for something to do":hihi

Hope you dont have them too long Mark, the novelty soon wears off.

Dislocated my kneecap bout 20 year ago when i worked on the rigs and had a plaster and crutches for 6 weeks. STILL went out on the ran dan with the troops givin it the big moves on the dance floor and mustve looked a RIGHT T"AT:rofl

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you've broke your arms I'd say quite difficult :p

However getting ran over and breaking my leg and knee cap being in plaster for 12 weeks, I'd say they weren't that bad at all and they must have moved along a bit since that episode ? Lovely wooden things with grey pads under the shoulders ?? or the gay metal and grey plastic ones ???

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Bet your knees up like a balloon isn't it Mark :frown get some decent physio advice if possible might save you a week or 2 skipping round on
your crutches, in the mean time do you need a chauffeur ?:hihi

Hope you're off them soon and might I suggest playing with a knee support for the first few months once you've recovered?

:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...or the gay metal and grey plastic ones ???
Only the gay ones for me I am afraid :frown Plenty to polish mind :thumbsup

Bet your knees up like a balloon isn't it Mark :frown get some decent physio advice if possible might save you a week or 2 skipping round on
your crutches, in the mean time do you need a chauffeur ?:hihi

Hope you're off them soon and might I suggest playing with a knee support for the first few months once you've recovered?

:thumbsup
It's not too bad, had it packed in ice last night. I will go and see my fave physio who got me through the broken collarbone/shoulder/ribs phase of my life pretty quickly. Knee support a defo.

Recover well/quickly and stop playing with those bigger boys Mark;)
They even kicked sand in my face Kevin and stole my Ice Cream :rofl TBH, the guy was pretty gutted, but total accident.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
They even kicked sand in my face Kevin and stole my Ice Cream :rofl TBH, the guy was pretty gutted, but total accident.
Don't worry mate, I will come down with me dad and sort them out for you next week.... (Actually it might be the wife - she is far more scary...:jaw-dropping):hihi

·
Registered
50 Posts
:)i was in a cast for 8 months..my knee is still giving me jip after being out 2 years (must be me age), so keep giving your knee full bends and get so bikers gloves if you aint already got some
when i got out of the cast we decided to go on holiday and dammit if my mrs didnt break her foot in the airport car park going out..we still went tho :) she was worse then me on crutches and the Spanish "gay" crutches are total [email protected]:hihi

1 - 20 of 25 Posts