BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys i'll be getting my 328i next week and would like to put both of my amps in the car.
the first amp is a 2200 w amp second is a 600w amp.
will i need a power block to split the power? or could i use two power cables..
also what else would i need? i have the 2200w in the 318i wich is coming out by friday at latest. so that will be ready for the 328i
cheers all.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Use 2 seperate power cables mate :thumbsup

Youll need:

- 2 power cables
- 2 Ground leads
- 1 Long remote turn on cable (goes from head unit to amp)
- 1 Short remote turn on cable (attatches to other remote turn on cable near where it goes into the first amp. then goes into second amp)
- 2 Sets of RCA cables (from back of head unit to each amp) *some amps can act as a 'Master Amp' and have outputs for another amp off of them, so instead of running two RCA cables from the head unit you run one to the master amp then another from the master amp to your MONO amp for example :thumbsup

hope this helps

- Lots of speaker cable :hihi

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
DEAN , I WOULD GO WITH 2 CABLE BLOCKS
Feed a live and neg to each and split them from those , remember to fuse the positive input, the blocks usually come with 1 in 4 out . That way you have space to expand .
I would also look at getting a power cap . If you are running 2 amps you will notice power drains on big bass notes . I`ve had cars cut out at junctions as big notes hit . :hihi
I will add some pics as i do my install , step by step but it may take a few weeks to get started . Just about to receive a whopping big bill for the M3 so .....
Will be on burner for couple of weeks.
If you need any help i am almost always available , just ask . :thumbsup

Power cap here

Distribution blocks here

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers stomper if i remember correctly you helped me with my installation with my single amp with a few others.
cheers i'll be nagging you this weekend don't you wory lol:thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was think either boot or under the chair's of car or even in the back of the chairs i want to be different so maybe the panels of rear door into the panels next to seat.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Why dont you fix it to the back of the rear seats . Or is your model fixed seat backs .

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
i was think either boot or under the chair's of car or even in the back of the chairs i want to be different so maybe the panels of rear door into the panels next to seat.
Mate, after viewing your front door speaker installation attempt I wouldn't attempt to secure them to the rear door cards:rofl

Stick them in the boot otherwise you have to run Power wires from the boot to inside the car. In my opinion, amps under the seats are a 100% NO NO. Looks tacky and you'll have to run the wires properly which involves removing the carpet. You'll also have to wind an appropriate earthing point (The earth wire must not exceed 1 metre. Preferably as short as possible):thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mate, after viewing your front door speaker installation attempt I wouldn't attempt to secure them to the rear door cards:rofl

Stick them in the boot otherwise you have to run Power wires from the boot to inside the car. In my opinion, amps under the seats are a 100% NO NO. Looks tacky and you'll have to run the wires properly which involves removing the carpet. You'll also have to wind an appropriate earthing point (The earth wire must not exceed 1 metre. Preferably as short as possible):thumbsup
lol i was learning with the front speakers never done it before gotta learn some where:rofl
i getting new door cards for the car too only £10 per card from scrap yard.
but yeah i'm thinking of doing somthing unique with them. i taking carpet out to turn into green anyway on the 328i. i told you on pm weeks ago a20 lol well i was sgonna do this to the 318i but no no i wanted my 6 pot lol
wiring is fine i wired the amp kit in the 318i with no problems but on the 328i i am going to do this with profesh finish wait till you see what i do with it.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
lol i was learning with the front speakers never done it before gotta learn some where:rofl
i getting new door cards for the car too only £10 per card from scrap yard.
but yeah i'm thinking of doing somthing unique with them. i taking carpet out to turn into green anyway on the 328i. i told you on pm weeks ago a20 lol well i was sgonna do this to the 318i but no no i wanted my 6 pot lol
wiring is fine i wired the amp kit in the 318i with no problems but on the 328i i am going to do this with profesh finish wait till you see what i do with it.
Dean, I find reading your posts very challenging at times:frown

Remember that there is unique but sometimes there are reasons why certain avenues haven't been walked:thumbsup

Just remember, should you need to cut and join wires they should be soldered and insulated correctly:thumbsup

Didn't realise you had already sourced a 328... It is in one piece isn't it:rofl

The last couple I saw you post up were rather bent:hihi

I'm intrigued to see the final result.

Don't forget your step by step guide of everything you do;):thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no no it's in good knick via, body but i'm off on the 16th of april to go pick it up.. if it's working correctly.
sorry if my grammer is bad i was never taught properly and am learning it still.... well actually was never taught at all. but my wife is getting there.
anything i need solderd will go to somone who can do this for me.
and i'll be for sure making a step by step for eerything i do i promise :rofl

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i removed the amp kit today and sub took me 10 minutes to get it all out.. bloody thing took me a whole day to put in.. but that was when i did not know what i was doing, but it's all ready for the 328i in the porch.
i can't wait for thursday! buying a shed load of speakers and buy what i need for setting up 2x amp.
A20 with you set up how on earth did you get them speakers in the leather?
did you use the adapters?i' thinking of mixing your style with a bit of a twist but i shall show everyone soon:cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts