BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i might be getting a wheel arch roller as a mate of mine brought one brand new and now he doesnt use it.If i get it would anyone on here be intrested in getting theres done

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
ide be very careful it ain't as easy as it looks, one tiny start of a crease and its game over! ya wheel arch is fooked forever as it will then follow the crease as ya roll it more...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its easy to do really i did it on so of my mates cars and there all fine.The tool is a good one and you cant go wrong on it

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
saw a couple where a pro made right mess it creased and it looked awfull..hence all the disclaimers they have with none original paint and panels and previous damage etc etc...

a heat gun and don't wind it on too much between sweeps and takin ya time and knowing ya cars history..

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh course i use a heat gun lol

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
It's something I'm always skeptical of. With the flanges rolled up I see a potential rust trap and when they are shoved out enough to flare the side of the arch, the flat edge, doesn't look right to me as it's in the wrong plane.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
To the OP; I'd suggest renting the tool out to any members who are interested.
As others have said, it's easy to mess up and really not worth the risk on someone else's car unless you have all the diclaimers.

·
Registered
387 Posts
why you doing your arches devonlad, they dont rub do they? mine are fine but would like them flared.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What would the price be for two rear fenders mate? I might be interested as my wheels are scrubing a bit..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts