BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys do meets in car parks in various places, but do you / would you be interested in meeting for a hoon? I already go out on such drives with Pistonheads North East and previously went out on local MX5nutz meets when I had that car.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
701 Posts
we have done recently and we enjoyed it even though the weather was cold and snowing.
we realy need more members and im currently thinking of ways to bring the north east bmw owners closer our next main outing is on the 6th of feb when we are going down birmingham to meet up with lewy and the rest of the midlands bunch who have a much higher numbers.
i said ide attend his meet and in return he is willing to gather a few from midlands and come up north.

post up a few ideas mate and wel try drum the numbers in and get something sorted buddy
local drives would be better as the cost of fuel is rocketing and me for one carnt realy justify traveling far and wide without the need to if you know what i mean.

but like i say above post up your ideas bud

·
Registered
255 Posts
we have done recently and we enjoyed it even though the weather was cold and snowing.
we realy need more members and im currently thinking of ways to bring the north east bmw owners closer our next main outing is on the 6th of feb when we are going down birmingham to meet up with lewy and the rest of the midlands bunch who have a much higher numbers.
i said ide attend his meet and in return he is willing to gather a few from midlands and come up north.

post up a few ideas mate and wel try drum the numbers in and get something sorted buddy
local drives would be better as the cost of fuel is rocketing and me for one carnt realy justify traveling far and wide without the need to if you know what i mean.

but like i say above post up your ideas bud
X2 - I'm from the North East (Swainby) and a local HOOON sounds great to me.

Couldn't afford to start travelling across the country to meets at 135.9 for Vpower and 25mpg who can in 2011?

If you manage to plan anything drop me a PM, would be well up for meeting a few fellow members :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
this might sound like a bit of a rant but please dont take this the wrong way.

the problem we have up here is the amount of people willing to attend and do this and that in writing but when we all make plans get ourselves out and then 4 turn up which nocks the whole fun out of it. we just end up having a chat then heading home dissapointed.
this has left the north east meets abit dopwn and gloomey and not many turn out as they think ' why bother theyl be noone there'

as a keen enthusiast and a lover of the meets and drives out i hope we can sort this out and get a nice fan base up here.

gwtting to know people who attend can benifit yourselves. knoledge in cetain feilds and past experience ideas and good old banter

ok back ontopic.
post up a idea you have im just trying to work some rough dates out here lads
also post up what date you can and will attend a drive out

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alright jack wer abouts in swainby you from? I'm from stokesley bud? (well living with my gf in stokesley) and more meets in the north east sounds good to me I just need to remember them.... Terrible memory
Church Lane. Stokesley is about 5 miles from me.

I moved up there about 3 months ago, im from Northallerton and so is the mrs!

RWD in Swainby, is like aids. Snow doesn't move it just gets worse and worse.

·
Registered
701 Posts
right lads lets get this cracking

what ide like to see is a few ideas of a central meeting point for us.

teeside park is good as only 20 min drive for me yous seem to be south to me.

we can either
go for drive to maybe whitby or the likes
go for a bit of grub at a pub as macky dds just doesnt cut it
or stay at teeside for a chat

dates
post up the best times for yous

after we sort this part out we can open a correct titled thread and start the arrangements and drumming the memebrs up for a good first meet in 2011 complete with pics ect ect

dont let the north east down

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Teeside park is good for me and a drive to Whitby sounds good (across the coast road it's more fun than moor road) grab fish and chips have a sit down and a chat quick walk and a drive back across the moors on a extended fun route I know and back to t park for more chat mebby cuppa and then shoot??? And how about sat 29th?

·
Registered
701 Posts
i could do 29th bud but wel have to see about the others. if whitby is on the card s then the best plan is what you said but added a few bits

drive over not far at all if we take time wel get good mpg
few stops at good spot for some photos.
fish and chips at whitby (not compusary)
few more pics at whitby
bit natter let the women shop hahaha
head back the moors stopping at a few locations for short break and photos agaaaain
then tesside for coffee
head back whenever you like

how does this sound

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Yeh well that's what I meant don't just blast to Whitby thers loads of good shots to be took on the coast road (saltburn top, saltburn peer and with boulby potash would make good as well) of coarse Whitby is always good and the extended route on the moor road I know has a few it's only a extra 5 or 6 miles but good twistys and good photos!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts