BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey is looking forward to Paragliding.

Also thinking about a day trip to Rhodes.

Just wonder if anyone from here has been out there ? What do you think ?

Got the holiday at a relatively cheap price considering the season.

Been to Istanbul so I know Turkey is cheaper than mainland europe :thumbsup

Now before anyone says it I will drink lots of beer and before Rumple says what should I do - i.e. the wife .... I'll tippietoe that one :rofl

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
There used to be a water taxi from Dalaman (I think) to a place called Turunc - it's a tiny fishing village which is kinda quaint. I stayed in Turunc and did the reverse - nice for a day out, but very exposed if it's sunny!!

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
If paragliding i hope you have a head forheights and very narrow roads. I was out there a few years back and on the way up to the top launch got told to turn round and use the middle launch, sounds fine but the track was bearly 6 inches bigger than the wheelbase of the landrover.

If you want a nice sandy beach dont go on the front in olu deniz, walk about a mile up the road (away from the main road down the mountain not up the mountain :) ) and there is a lagoon that you see in all the travel broxhures which has a nice beach and bar.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If paragliding i hope you have a head forheights and very narrow roads. I was out there a few years back and on the way up to the top launch got told to turn round and use the middle launch, sounds fine but the track was bearly 6 inches bigger than the wheelbase of the landrover.

If you want a nice sandy beach dont go on the front in olu deniz, walk about a mile up the road (away from the main road down the mountain not up the mountain :) ) and there is a lagoon that you see in all the travel broxhures which has a nice beach and bar.
I don't have a head for heights, actually don't like heights at all. Ok but don't like standing on the egde of things .... wife on the other hand is a crazy mare :hihi

Thanks for all the advice .... NealP I can't take the e39 it wouldn't fit in my suitcase :rofl

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
order breakfast lunch and dinner as room service and sort the mrs out like newlyweds!!! :thumbsup

Reactions: avneet07

·
Registered
135 Posts
Paragliding is a must - the dogs mutts !!

I do not like heights, never thought about this until I got up to the top! Just a quick dash and you are up - what a bloody rush and totally addictive. DO IT :thumbsup:thumbsup

I would also suggest you go for a turkish bath at the begining of the holiday, gets rid of the dead skin so your tan stays longer when you get home as you don't peel as much. We went to an all inclusive hotel just off the beach, quite cheap and your skin will feel great afterwards.

If you are into motorbikes, there was a place when we went 2 years ago that would rent out Harleys for the day, a group of them go out on the coast road - really good.

Enjoy :thumbsup:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts