BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow Liverpool fans out there are hopefully rejoicing that we've finally got rid of the most tactically clueless manager since graeme souness and given the reigns back (if only until the end of the season) to King Kenny!! :D:D:D:D

Hopefully this'll give the squad the boost it desperately needs to move on and start winning some games!!

Also rumoured that Phil Thompson is making a return to the club.. fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: tyson01

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
I'm looking forward to the demolition of the reds tomorrow, another show of clueless oversea owners, it's about time the useless FA took things in hand and put in some control over foreign owners and players wrecking what was the best league in the world and turning our international team into a laughing stock.
Rant over :hihi

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking forward to the demolition of the reds tomorrow, another show of clueless oversea owners, it's about time the useless FA took things in hand and put in some control over foreign owners and players wrecking what was the best league in the world and turning our international team into a laughing stock.
Rant over :hihi
Oh Martyn your not a Manc are you?!?!? :jaw-dropping

I agree about certain foreign owners definitely but NESV have come in and cleared our debt caused by the last set of yank clowns so as yet I wouldn't bundle them into the same leagues as certain others.. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also.. personally I believe the problem with the England national team is a terrible management and too many individual ego's.. has been that way for at least the last 10 years..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any fellow Liverpool fans out there are hopefully rejoicing that we've finally got rid of the most tactically clueless manager since graeme souness and given the reigns back (if only until the end of the season) to King Kenny!! :D:D:D:D

Hopefully this'll give the squad the boost it desperately needs to move on and start winning some games!!

Also rumoured that Phil Thompson is making a return to the club.. fingers crossed!!!
you beat me to the start of this thread in regards to the moves at anfield...we can only hope king kenny can deliver,kenny has the job till the end of the season but keeping key players is going to be a vital role with kenny..im still trying to figure out why good managers are failling to deliver at Anfield...

·
Registered
46 Posts

great to see a fellow lfc fan on here...:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup..

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Oh Martyn your not a Manc are you?!?!? :jaw-dropping

I agree about certain foreign owners definitely but NESV have come in and cleared our debt caused by the last set of yank clowns so as yet I wouldn't bundle them into the same leagues as certain others.. :thumbsup
I think that a lot of the problem... The debts...owners spending unreal money to buy the prem title, also doesn't help with the quests to have 50,000 seater souless stadiums.
As for being a manc, I'm a fan of the team who were propping up the football league until last weekend :hihi I do look for man utd's results as lived there for a few years and the mrs is from north wales and a secret scouser :hihi so enjoy a bit of banter :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree completely, it depends on who's signed this month and also who if anyone goes..

Apparently torres has asked his agent to engineer a move away ASAP.. personally I don't blame him.. I think 6 months of roy hodgsons man management would be enough to put anyone off..

Fingers crossed he'll rethink his decision now.. or at least that we hold out for proper money he's worth which will allow us to buy a few quality players!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that a lot of the problem... The debts...owners spending unreal money to buy the prem title, also doesn't help with the quests to have 50,000 seater souless stadiums.
As for being a manc, I'm a fan of the team who were propping up the football league until last weekend :hihi I do look for man utd's results as lived there for a few years and the mrs is from north wales and a secret scouser :hihi so enjoy a bit of banter :thumbsup
Ahhh I see!

I do agree about the abramovich-esque buying of the title.. it will in the next 5-10 years ruin the league unless some major structure it put in to stop it..

I know they are setting up a rule that a club has to be profitable over any 3 year time span but thats workable if your one of these oil billionaires or far east sheikhs I'm sure!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What about a management team of Dalglish and John Barnes:silly
PMSL!! - exactly - Kenny Dalgleish was a fantastic player but a shit manager. He done nothing in the latter part of his management career - you only need to look at Celtic when the results weren't going his way (much to my delight) he spent more time on the golf course than trying to turn things round at the club.

Trust me - Kenny Dalgleish is NOT what you want at this point in time. There's far better managers out there that you could have had and if you lot aren't careful you could slip even further than 12th!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
I think that the problem lies deeper than the manager to be honest, but clearly Hodgson was unable to turn the problems that he inherited around in such a short time.

Shame for Hodgson because you don't get manager of the season for being rubbish but I'm not surprised at all, I just hope for Dalgliesh's sake that he doesn't run into the same problems. I guess that having a Director of football in place means that there will be consistency in terms of the transfer policy but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be worried that King Kenny might be about to lose his crown.

Shame cos I do like Liverpool

·
Registered
458 Posts
For me id bring back rafa with the new owners he did well but made some strange decisions in his last stint. Two others id like to see there are frank rijkaard or jurgen klinsmann. Up the pool lets smash the scum tomoz

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
For me id bring back rafa with the new owners he did well but made some strange decisions in his last stint. Two others id like to see there are frank rijkaard or jurgen klinsmann. Up the pool lets smash the scum tomoz
Rafa's lost it now.. I think it's a good shout r.e. Jurgen - but in all honesty I would have went Dutch and went for either Dick Advocaat or Guus Hiddink - although I doubt they could afford either.. :hihi

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
i am working from memory here so if anyone knows different please put me straight :)
wasnt dalgliesh the last pool manager to win the division?...then he started the dismantling of the most successful british club that europe has ever seen.
it was him that retired jan molby? him that brought in that most lethal of strikers david speedie? got rid of craig johnston? he was guilty of some shocking decisions in his 1st stint as manager but...big but this...he was clever enough to see the writing on the walkl and moved upstairs sharpish to give souness the poison chalice???
as mentioned, he did sommat similar at celtic before making john barnes the fall guy???
as it was brought up, abramovich didnt buy the title...the majority of the players were in situ by the time mourinho took over.
how much have liverpool spent in the same time as abromovich has been at chelsea?...torres was cheap was he?
how much has man u spent on rooney, ferdinand, berbatov, w4anker and hargreaves in the time abramovich has been at chelsea?
man c in one season have blown everybody out of the water...never been a better time to play as a striker surely?...play half decent and get a move to city lol.
anyway...dalgliesh isnt the answer i'm afraid...maybe john parrot could do the job better cos liverpool already need snookers to get back in the title hunt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that the problem lies deeper than the manager to be honest, but clearly Hodgson was unable to turn the problems that he inherited around in such a short time.

Shame for Hodgson because you don't get manager of the season for being rubbish but I'm not surprised at all, I just hope for Dalgliesh's sake that he doesn't run into the same problems. I guess that having a Director of football in place means that there will be consistency in terms of the transfer policy but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be worried that King Kenny might be about to lose his crown.

Shame cos I do like Liverpool
Dalgliesh has gone about this job the right way,he has only taken it on till end of season,so if in the end nothing has changed he can still walk away with his reputation intact..its going to take a hell of a lot of work to get the team,which is another thing that hangs in the balance,as there is few players that wants out,so who does king kenny replace them with..im sure the owners are going to be saying money aint a problem when in fact its going to be a big problem as you have mentioned,liverpool has wasted money like it was going out of fashion,just look at Robbie keene bought for £20 million sold back to spurs for £12 million,Aquilani £20 million with a broken leg now on loan to juventus and doesnt want to come back to anfield,now i know this had nothing to do with hodgson but its money that should have been invested wisely not on the spot decision,in the height of rafas reign the guy was just buying purely to stop other teams getting players they wanted,he wasted Babels career,he played Torres so much thus Torres is where he is today,then came his rotation week after week,so its Rafa not Hodgson that started the down ward spirral fall of liverpool,shame roy couldnt make it work at Anfield but all the best to him in his future career as a manager but above all im wishing and praying that king kenny can now make good whats been broken for years..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts