BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be interested to know if you guys are using super unlead/high octane fuel in your BMW's, I have a 2003 325ci M Sport and have tried both fuels and I can't really say I'm noticing much difference, am I just wasting my money or do I need to run a few tanks through it before the ecu picks up the mixture?

What are you guys running on? My manual recommends the RON 98 stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run high octane fuel and I have noticed a difference not immediately about three tanks-I think because it also cleans your engine out so fuel is flowing through the injectors better but yeah I wont go back to standard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think I'll try a couple more tanks then, one thing I did notice was not so much speed or consumption but the engine felt smoother if that makes sense.

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
defo go with the higher octane...think its been mentioned a few times..tesco99 and shell v.power..evn if you dont notice the difference(i did)at least you know your usin the best and cleanest ther is..and your injectors will benefit too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.