BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just another question on Hids ,ive got a 06 E46 coupe M Sport and im wanting to fit Hids but which ones do i choose as there are H7s and now H7Rs
which ever ones i need plz lmk and are they idiot proof to fit ,ive got the projector headlights if this helps , also where to get them from.
Thanks in Advance
gindo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got my kit delivered and just had a little look at it. However, the wiring and plugs are not what I expected. I thought it would be simply a case of plug and play.

I have plugged the bulb into the ballast and vice versa, however I am only left with a black and a red wire with spade connections on the end. I guess these have to go to the original headlight plug? If so, that means I will have to cut the original plugs off and splice the new ones in.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Also, is there any reason why the wires to connect to the old plug are coming out the same side of the grommet as the bulb? See below:

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah buy a CRIMPING KIT from halfords and HEATSHRINK sleaves(for waterproofing) and snip the box off and put female spades on the remaining wiring connect the spades then slide the heatshrink over the connections and blast with a hairdryer. easy!

·
Registered
616 Posts
also the reason for the wires coming out there are on normal cars you drill a hole in the back cap and seal it with the rubber and connect the wires in the two seperate female clips (non BMW)

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the main functions of projector lenses, is to focus the output from an HID bulb and prevent beam scatter which could blind oncoming drivers.

This is what they look like.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If your referring to those projectors, yours doesnt have any. another thing is that just because it has projectors doesnt mean you can stick hids in them (eg halogen projectors in our ancient cars).

i would also reocmmmend HIDS4U. they are reputable..

·
Registered
616 Posts
One of the main functions of projector lenses, is to focus the output from an HID bulb and prevent beam scatter which could blind oncoming drivers.

This is what they look like.
Neal, can these be retrofitted?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts