BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got myself an E36 318i 4door in white. Its not perfect, but i got it for cheap, so it'll be my little restoration project.
Im from the Midlands but currently at Uni in West Yorkshire.

Here's how she is at the moment...

It came with some nasty lex-arse lights, but they'll be the first thing to be replaced! :D

Cheers.

Grant.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah i like it, im not going to do much too drastic to it. Just keep it clean.

The paint is a bit sketchy, so going to get it touched up, then the plans are

- Get fog lights for the front
- Replace lex-arse lights on the back
- Clear indicators on front
- Looking into splitters for the front
- When these tyres are used up, i'll be looking for a lower profile to bring it down a bit more

thats pretty much it, just a potential engine swap, but thats a LONG time off yet, and i dont know how compatible all the bmw engines are, i need to research it. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to beemers at the moment.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Ride height seems fine as it is, you could lower it more but you need to know about wheel dimensions as usually if you go for larger wheels, you car will actyally be raised.

The current wheels (AC Schnitzer style) looks spot on for the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ride height seems fine as it is, you could lower it more but you need to know about wheel dimensions as usually if you go for larger wheels, you car will actyally be raised.
Well i dont plan to change the wheels, and they dont rub at the moment. So a lower profile tyre if anything should give me MORE clearance. :)

My last car was extreemly low, so at the moment i feel like im in a boat haha. And this has been lowered 40mm aparently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.