BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Is it the fact hes been selling it for a while reason not to buy or is the price too high . Sorry , remember i am new to bmw`s too:embarrassed

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Well there's a fair mount of miles on the clock, but then again its only just over average mileage for the year and if msot have been motorway miles thats good.

You are getting a lot of car for the money, my advice would be if you're interested, contact him asking for a run down of how it drives etc (see how honest he sounds) and ask what MOT/Tax is on it, and then if you're still impressed and not too far away, go and view it.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hope you manage to find what you are looking for, but do consider some alternatives such as the 330 and 528/530 etc as you just may be able to make life easier for yourself.

Enjoy the car hunt :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, thanks for all the replies. This seems like a good forum, surprised to get so many replies so quickly!

Well I just put that link up to see if anyone had something similar for sale because the car is now sold!
I had seen it for sale for a week or two and decided I'd go up and view it on Saturday just past. It was a couple of hours away from my house and took the trip up with my old man in the morning, stopping at the bank to collect the money which I had already arranged.

I really liked the look of the car (black with black leather) and it seemed cheap. It seemed like a genuine, straight car but needed a little tlc. The owner had bumped the front of it and there was a dent across the front wing and bumper, 3 or 4 dents across the roof just above the driver-side rear window where a previous owner had tried to take the chrome trim off with a screwdriver :eek there was a bit of rust bubbling through at the petrol cap, the back disks needed replaced, there was a big dent in one of the alloys and the car shuddered under braking.

Other than that it was fine and I wanted to put new wheels on it anyway. I managed to haggle him down to a price of £3300 when he then informed me that I couldnt take it away that day and I would have to leave a deposit because he needed it because he hadnt got his new car yet! I decided not to but I got a text from him a few hours later saying someone had been and left a deposit.
Im thinking now I should maybe have left a deposit because I havent seen many since that are similar!

What do you think about the price and finding something similar?
Cheers in advance, James

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
limbsy, I wasnt fussed about steptronic until I had been and seen the car and I really liked it. Ive always preferred a manual but Im not after this car for out and out performance, just for a nice newer car that is nice to drive. Ive got an old merc the now which is an auto and its so relaxing, I think the steptronic is the best of both worlds.

Also, I would really like the 330 but they seem a good bit more expensive.

·
Administrator
4,218 Posts
Is it the fact hes been selling it for a while reason not to buy or is the price too high . Sorry , remember i am new to bmw`s too:embarrassed
Usually if a car was good it would sell quickly. Especially if it was well known on forums etc. Suggests there maybe something wrong with it or is too expensive. I was looking at a 330 that was for sale for a while, I won't go into too much detail but turns out the owner was a little dodgy..

·
Administrator
4,218 Posts
Im thinking now I should maybe have left a deposit because I havent seen many since that are similar!

What do you think about the price and finding something similar?
Cheers in advance, James
Madness, unless he could tell you when you could take the car away what's the point in leaving a deposit! To be honest sounds like he was hoping to get more money for it which he did with the other guy.

Bad luck, I have missed out on a few cars I had my heart set on. Something else will turn up!

·
Registered
28 Posts
limbsy, I wasnt fussed about steptronic until I had been and seen the car and I really liked it. Ive always preferred a manual but Im not after this car for out and out performance, just for a nice newer car that is nice to drive. Ive got an old merc the now which is an auto and its so relaxing, I think the steptronic is the best of both worlds.

Also, I would really like the 330 but they seem a good bit more expensive.
soundds like you've done your research then, enjoy!!! :cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts