BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin everyone. I have resently put my deposit down on a E36 323i N reg. Which i sold my pride and joy for (1968 veedub beetle) to buy this brief so hopfully i wont have to much trouble with it. Is the any suggestions for common problems with these? it needs some work around the arches but not to sure what else i should be lookin for.
Cheers folks

·
Registered
788 Posts
hi welcome to the site u should have kept the dubs and bought a cheap beemer as well keep on top of them rusty arches and look out for head gasket problems

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hows it goin everyone. I have resently put my deposit down on a E36 323i N reg. Which i sold my pride and joy for (1968 veedub beetle) to buy this brief so hopfully i wont have to much trouble with it. Is the any suggestions for common problems with these? it needs some work around the arches but not to sure what else i should be lookin for.
Cheers folks
hi there and welcome:hihi

Apart from potential rusting on the wings the E36 is a rock solid car...the 323i was a good purchase and shold do many miles of motoring for a reasonable amount of £ :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum w33 uan, my advise would be check to see what block it has, Nikasil lined or Alusil lined, if it has a nikasil lined block then keep a eye on the oil consumption :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome i would have kept the bug but i figured ive had ma fun out of it why shld i keep it all to ma self lol so out with the old and in with the emmmm younger?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts