BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have just bought my first car. a E46 titanium silver 52 plate convertible with 40k, full leather and 18" m tech rims and bodykit ( i think )

is there an m-tech? and is it different to m3 kit? or am i just talking rubbish?

This is my first car so am very lucky for it to be even a bmw..never mind the fact its a convertible so i am over the bloody moon, ive worked long and hard for this car and would like to learn everything i can about it and how to look after it so i look forward to many conversations and hours of reading on the forum

i know i am probably going to get told off for this part but i wasnt sure if i should put each small qs in diff cats.

1 - how can i determine or find out what extra/upgrades were bought with the car?
2 - how do i know if i have an se model?
3 - what extra as standard does an se & the sport model have above the ci?
4 - whats better the ci sport? or the m sport?
5 - apart from m3 which is the next best model? ( not as in engine size ) if there is a thread with the answer to 3/4/5 can some one point me to it? am struggling to find the answer to those qs anywhere
6 - right indicator has a half rotating switch to do with the winscreen wipers and moves to 3 positions... what does this do?

sorry if these qs shouldnt be here but i didnt want to spend 4 hours lookin for the right cat for each qs... i do have more specific qs which i will put in the correct cat's. i have uploaded sum pictures of my car ( i think )

thank you all for your help in advance!

Attachments

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi all, i have just bought my first car. a E46 titanium silver 52 plate convertible with 40k, full leather and 18" m tech rims and bodykit ( i think )

is there an m-tech? and is it different to m3 kit? or am i just talking rubbish?

This is my first car so am very lucky for it to be even a bmw..never mind the fact its a convertible so i am over the bloody moon, ive worked long and hard for this car and would like to learn everything i can about it and how to look after it so i look forward to many conversations and hours of reading on the forum

i know i am probably going to get told off for this part but i wasnt sure if i should put each small qs in diff cats.

1 - how can i determine or find out what extra/upgrades were bought with the car?
2 - how do i know if i have an se model?
3 - what extra as standard does an se & the sport model have above the ci?
4 - whats better the ci sport? or the m sport?
5 - apart from m3 which is the next best model? ( not as in engine size ) if there is a thread with the answer to 3/4/5 can some one point me to it? am struggling to find the answer to those qs anywhere
6 - right indicator has a half rotating switch to do with the winscreen wipers and moves to 3 positions... what does this do?

sorry if these qs shouldnt be here but i didnt want to spend 4 hours lookin for the right cat for each qs... i do have more specific qs which i will put in the correct cat's. i have uploaded sum pictures of my car ( i think )

thank you all for your help in advance!

hi and welcome mate

You did right asking general Qs in here and its early days for your posts so dont worry!

Heres the posting guide for reference

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f69/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t1603/

A quick scan of it will make you a popular man ;) as it makes our life easier!

ok, to answer your questions:

1/ What paperwork have you got with the car? If you post up the last 7 digits of your vin number (on the log book) that will help us to help you with some basic info,.

2/ Check on your logbook, if you only have the tear off strip if you post the 7 digits above I can tell you (they are also under the bonnet on a tag as well under windscreen or on front slam panel)

3/ good question! The SE has leather interior, nicer stereo, and possibly sport suspension
The sport has sports suspension, a sport bodykit, nicer alloys, leather etc

4/ M Sport

5/ 330 m sport I guess, could be wrong

6/ i will check on my project car tomorrow and post back!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thank you for the replies.

my vin number is ... jy89398 does that look right for the last 7 digits?
any info about my car would be greatlly appreciated.
also thank you for answering my qs bootist
can any one tell me by just looking if i have the "sports seats" or just normal leather?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Question 6 - Pretty sure its to change the speed of the intermittent wipers. Havn't had mine that long and havn't played with those settings yet!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Question 6 - Pretty sure its to change the speed of the intermittent wipers. Havn't had mine that long and havn't played with those settings yet!
Correct:thumbsup

Also when you have your wipers on and regardless of setting (even the fastest) if you are stuck in traffic you will notice they only wipe intermittently :thumbsup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alrite mate, it has a standard rear bumper and non-sport seats, so maybe yours has been upgraded by a past owner. you've got the sexual front sport bumper and sport skirts proberly taken from 330 or bought new, maybe look for a rear sport bumper and it will be fully kitted then.
Ive got same car but 325ci, got all my kit at the body shop getting sprayed at the mo,CANT WAIT TO FIT IT!:D stock bumpers are slaaaaack!

Not a bad first car mate! Fairplay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts