BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Purchased my first BMW Thursday. I have a 1999 T-reg 318i SE, E46 I believe?

It's metallic black, charcoal grey interior with walnut finishers. Soon to be replaced with carbon/silver ones and hopefully leather interior.

The key fob is this shape...

Now, the 'lock' button was folded under itself, so I unscrewed the casing, removed the battery then the insides, unfolded, and put back together.

I tried starting the car and nothing happens, ignition comes on but it doesn't even turn over. Obvious immobiliser problem. Having a quick browse online found a remedy, turn in ignition, hold unlock, press lock 3 times, then release unlock. Doing this, nothing happened. Except now the key won't even unlock the car or boot!

Have just reconnected the battery (after disconnecting for 45mins to reset ECU), used the same method, and still nothing.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it is a introduction/help me thread!! :embarrassed

Lewis

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi lewis100985, welcome to the forum :)

If you post up your problem in the e46 section we will help you out http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f18/, otherwise Introductions gets over-run with questions which makes it more difficult for people like you looking to solve a problem :thumbsup

Title it "1999 318i E46 Key problem" or similar and I will look out for it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.