BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and girls, im chris and im from oxford (gosh that sounds like i have just come onto the programme 'take me out' lol)

i am a complete newbie to the site and also to BMW's. bought my 1st one the other month and practically know nothing about the car lol. its a v reg e46 i believe with apparently a m43 engine??? again not sure though just going by what i been told.

in all fairness i shouldnt of bought it as it has no history whatsoever and i didnt bother checking it over i just liked the look of it and parted with my cash........ uh oh as after driving it for a day i had loads of problems, but oh well ill get it better. the guy that owned it before me WAS a friend (not anymore) and he has put m3 alloys on it - painted black (or i pressume there m3 as they have the m3 emblem on them) and for some obscure reason he put a 6 speed gear knob on it lol

really not sure how to post pictures yet but i shall get there. i also own a Misubishi GTO 3.0 v6 twin turbo

anyway thats enough about me and i look forward to all the welcomes lol

p.s - if you are looking for a short introduction then dont read this (hmmm maybe that should of been put at the start of this message lol)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
generally the E46 isn't a bad car - get the things sorted and you "should" be fine

·
Registered
388 Posts
welcome mate, you've come to the right place....there's lots of guys on here who could do with some photography lessons!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right hers a couple of pics that i took on my phone so quality is not that good

nothing special with the photography but hey ho lol

heres a couple of pics of the gto as well

again only phone pics at the moment

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
it is indeed mate lol, that was the when i first got it and then it broke as soon as i got home lol (back on the road now)

you from round there then?
Im originally from Oxford, but lived in Abingdon for a couple of years about 7 years ago. :thumbsup
Good to see new local members on here....:thumbsup

·
Registered
701 Posts
hahaha there classic when they get on the mic. could pump 6 stop using your mobile . as if its going to cause a major explosion. ive filled up many a time with the other half nattering away on the phone whilest my windows are down lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ive filled up whilst beinbg on the phone myself lol, yeah it may not be wise but oh well you only live once, driving the bm feels as if it will kill me at any moment lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh during the snow i will be driving the GTO, i live at the top of a steep hill and i was helping beamers up the hill with the GTO lol

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
welcome to the forum!! - nice collection! :D - always had a soft spot for the GTO - although I'd never own one as their gearboxes are made of chocolate!.. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
welcome mate... nice gto... bmws n jap cars have to be the best... this is my first bm n i love it... had a silvia s15... which i did love.. till i totalled it.... nice gto....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts