BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was drifting today, lost control of the car and went straight to the curb, after i checked everything was good I started driving the steering felt weird i jacked the car up and the front end of the car is dented just by the passenger side, the tire have moved to the back the tie rod is dented and its hitting some kind of metal pipe
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Suspension Engineering

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive exhaust Bumper

as you can see here is it dangerous to keep driving it? I need to get it to mechanic but no idea if its safe or not. And how bad is this?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
You need a proper assessment done on that as the structure the arms bolt to is bent and I am not sure if that’s a replaceable bolt on part or if it’s a jig job to straighten it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update mechanic told me i need new subframe since that one is broken and there’s no way of fixing it. So I bought one just waiting to get it replaced and see what else is damaged and need replacement

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
At very least I would also replace the 2 suspension arms,if it’s had a whack big enough to mangle subframe like that then chances are arms are bent aswell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At very least I would also replace the 2 suspension arms,if it’s had a whack big enough to mangle subframe like that then chances are arms are bent aswell
I will leave it to the mechanic to decide, he told me to replace the subframe now and see if theres any more damaged parts to replace, hopefully will get it by tuesday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts