1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hope some of you could help me out

i am looking at buying a L reg 325 coupe

its done 180000k

from speaking on phone lad says its got fsh , 1 previos owner who used it for work . and 7 months mot , drivers elec window not working

he will take £650 for this

is it worth going to look at sems a good price

only thing putin me of is high mileage

sorry for lack of info not look at it properly yet just seen it for sale on drive and called for info

any help would be great as ive never had a bm before and ant got a clue about engines and stuff

thanks

paul

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The mileage itself is not what should put you off! but may well be a bargaining point if the car turns out to be solid requiring minor work. The plus side is its a 1 previous owner car, whihc really does shout loudly that its not been passed between many hands for quick thrills. Only a couple of owners whove appreciated the vehicle and its most likely served them very well.

At that mileage, all suspension (shocks, mounts, bushes, joints, links) should have been replaced. At the very least all control & trailing arm bushes and suspenion links and joints!

The car should have a very good history of regular servicing. Check that the interior trim looks in good shape (its hard wearing) and that all fixtures are in tact and not loose/brittle (some early car suffered from loose trim).

Its definately worth going to see, have a good test drive and ensure it drives smooth, without wandering about the road and clunking/banging over bumps and ruts (worn suspension components). It should pull quite strongly as well and sound reasonably tight without any rattles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.