BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . I'm trying to get my friends 330i 2008 back on the road. It's been sat for 10 months with no MOT as it has an airbag light on and as he is now working from home it's been left to sit.
Anyway. When we renewed the battery we found the well full of water. Which has been sorted, also though we pulled out the plastic storage box on the opposite side which also has water. But more importantly, has a cable of some sort just resting in there (see pics)
What is this lead and what should it be connected to. Any advice please for a novice. Thanks

·
Forum Chatbot
2,782 Posts
Strange, I have a 320 and I don't have any big black pipes laying around the battery bay. only have the cables that go to the terminals and a very small plastic pipe that connect t the battery to let the gas go to he outside of the car, which the battery selller told me NOT to connect to the battery lol..

·
Forum Chatbot
2,782 Posts
Thinking about it, that's not far from the tail lamps, you should check those.they have weird adapters like the one shown.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have a better picture this isn't in the battery bay. It's on the opposite side. There's a plastic tray thing that was removed to reveal this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I got some more pics and also checked on YouTube for connections into the amplifier and CD changer, but saw nothing like this. What do you think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also there's no sign of an amp. This thing was just as is in the pic, just sitting in water.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As per my previous post, it's definitely the connector which goes to the amp. BMWs come pre-wired for optional extras - the unused connectors are always wrapped in the black fabric you see.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,782 Posts
As per my previous post, it's definitely the connector which goes to the amp. BMWs come pre-wired for optional extras - the unused connectors are always wrapped in the black fabric you see.

It's a shame you can't connect the CD multi changer to other branded stereos, mines just sitting there doing nothing after I changed to another stereo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
He's just found the amp here. Is that normal?
He should be glad it wasn't under the rear left cover as the common water ingress issue has fried a lot of amps. If everything is working ok then there's nothing to worry about but that looks like the ULF.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts