BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people and thanks in advance if you can help. Just bought a BMW 316i 1998 ( R reg ) and when im pressing the brakes or indicating...theres a light on the dashboard thats flashing up. Its not coming on at any other time. Theres a loose connection on one of the back lights ( the bulbs are fine...just a loose connection ) so when I viewed the car, the reverse light and the brake light on one side wasnt working. Played about a bit with it and theres definately a loose connection there. Im hoping that the light that is flashing up when im hitting the brakes or indicating is just telling me that theres a loose connection and not that the brakes are gona fail! Anyone know?
Kate

·
Banned
478 Posts
Please do post your question in the thread that gordonj has give you a link to...

I can't help but saying though...

Please do not drive your car, if your light brake warning light is flashing on your dash when you press the pedal, until you are certain it is'nt a major brake problem issue....

First thing i would do is check the brake fluid level... (the brake warning dash light will flicker as the fluid levels drop)

Welcome to the forum...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.