BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi people,

i have a 1995 e34 and for sum reason the last 2 days my alarm has been playing up. It goes off approx 4 times a day.
i disconnected the bonnet pin switch as i heard it was a common problem, but this didnt fix it.
then i set alarm with interior sensors switched off but it is still going off.

I have located the alarm unit under reat seat and it is called a 3T.
my car has remote central locking and a immobiliser (you have to put key in ignition turn it once, press alarm fob then car will start) unless you leave it longer than 30 seconds.

what im trying to find out is how do i disconnect the alarm or can anyone other advice to pinpoint fault. Owned the car for a couple of years and never had any issues before.

many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry was typing like a madman, its a E34, The car battery is really good i guess as The car only gets used at weekends and always starts ok, its also quite newish. dont keep anything in the armrest.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i had the same with my E36 M3! They got shitty with me, i called the old bill as thats what my next doors did and said do you want me to leave the alarm of a group 20 insurance car? they said no and to ignore the next doors... it was there cats that set the alarm off.

In the end I took it to BMW and they adjusted the alarm so it was not so sensitive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found a new problem that started at same time as alarm fault, hoping it might help with anyone that knows these cars. only realised it today when i went out in it.

when i get into car and switch ignition to 1st click, radio comes on all fine, when i turn it again so car starts the radio resets its memory and loses all its stored stations etc..... if i restore all the stations and turn it off all is ok. when i get into car again a few hours later first click all stations are still stored but when starting the radio flicks off for a second (whilst engine is turning over, which is normal) then when engine starts all the stations have gone. out of 10 times its doing it about 8 times, the odd start the stations havent been lost.

hope that makes sense, the radio has been in the car for a good few years so it isnt a newly fitted radio.
but today the alarm didnt go off, so it seems to be a intermitant fault.

the 2 faults i believe are related as the radio was fine for years before the alarm fault.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The above would sway my decision towards a faulty battery.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Check the large fuse under the rear seat for any hairline cracks and if you have one the large fuse under the bonnet.

Also check the wiring loom out at the boot hinge, it can short out and the wires break.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, the car battery is about 6 months old, the car only gets used at weekends and after sitting for 5 days starts fine, the alarm asnt gone off for the last 4 days, but started going off today. will check the wires and fuses, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.