BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just looking for some help,

I have a 2013 3 series f30 316d. i have had an issue with it over the past 4-5 months that firstly was intermittent but now is constant.

The car drives fine no issues atall until mainly in 3,4,5,6 gears as soon as I press the accelerator right down the car hesitates. Say I’m in 3rd and put the foot down it starts at about 1800rpm jumps up to 2300rpm and back down again the takes off as normal if I keep my foot down the car goes up rpm normally. However if I release my foot the accelerate it does it again.

Say I’m in 6th and I out the accelerator down it’s at 2300rpm and jumps to like 3000 and back down. It’s very frustrating.

I thought possibly a blockage somewhere so changed fuel filter took injectors out cleaned them and put them back in and it’s still doing it. I had someone test out the clutch they said it was fine. Also had it checked for any fault codes nothing except a DDE Relay cuts out or below voltage? Could it be that, cause after looking this up that’s more of a starter issue car starts every time ? I tried finding this part but can’t locate it anywhere ?

needing help if anyone can haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say get ccv checked for air leaks
How would I check that out ? Best taking it into a garage wouldn’t I ?

little update, I read up about dirty diesel, so I drained out as much of the cheaper stuff today as I could and just stuck £15 of ultimate in and it took it for about 40 minute drive! Seems so much better not sure if that’s in my mind though haha! But was still doing it a little bit only jumping from say 1800rpm to 2000rpm and not where near as bad? Any thoughts on this ?

might fill up full tank Of ultimate and put some more fuel cleaner in on Friday and take it for a good spin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also check it's geting up to temp if it isn't then the dpf won't regen and could be on its way to blocking up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also check it's geting up to temp if it isn't then the dpf won't regen and could be on its way to blocking up
Hey,

yeah cleaned out EGR when I was doing the injectors, seemed okay. also car is getting upto temp perfectly. I was worried there might be an issue with the turbo but no whistling or any signs of issue, the turbo kicks in okay.

Tha js

·
Registered
344 Posts
How would I check that out ? Best taking it into a garage wouldn’t I ?

little update, I read up about dirty diesel, so I drained out as much of the cheaper stuff today as I could and just stuck £15 of ultimate in and it took it for about 40 minute drive! Seems so much better not sure if that’s in my mind though haha! But was still doing it a little bit only jumping from say 1800rpm to 2000rpm and not where near as bad? Any thoughts on this ?

might fill up full tank Of ultimate and put some more fuel cleaner in on Friday and take it for a good spin
Any luck? Generally under the manifold are plastic hoses, and the oil separator. These tend to split causing air leaks, and rpm fluctuation. You could buy a kit and get garage to fit it. The job is a bit of a pain in the ass getting the manifold back on for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any luck? Generally under the manifold are plastic hoses, and the oil separator. These tend to split causing air leaks, and rpm fluctuation. You could buy a kit and get garage to fit it. The job is a bit of a pain in the ass getting the manifold back on for me.
Hi,

no luck as of yet! Going to have another closer look tomorrow afternoon. Check for any splits in piping etc and see If there’s anything split. If not just going to take it into the garage I think and see what they say.

might be a silly question could it be due to anything in the transmission ? Low oil etc ? I’ve been told it’s defo not the clutch.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts