BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive just had the Alpina stripe kit arrive for my front spoiler and at £60 i really dont want to mess it up. Ive never applied decals before and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips to help me because it is massive!
Cheers Everyone :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
have two people
clean the area thoroughly (especially if you've used wax).
de-grease
follow the instructions

and most importantly

TAKE YOUR TIME

Reactions: steve23002

·
Registered
207 Posts
At the car dealer i worked at what we use to do was mix a light soapy water mix put it in a spray bottle then spray all over the area needed, and then with the help of somone else apply slowly, using a sponge to remove the excess water mix.
We used this method doing bonnet decals, side decals etc,not sure how well it would work in your case.
Other people may have better opinions

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
At the car dealer i worked at what we use to do was mix a light soapy water mix put it in a spray bottle then spray all over the area needed, and then with the help of somone else apply slowly, using a sponge to remove the excess water mix.
We used this method doing bonnet decals, side decals etc,not sure how well it would work in your case.
:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
Just follow the advice that's already been given, clean, degrease etc.. and make sure the area you are applying to is completely dry and free of dust.... i've seen some shocking decals before, with loads of little lumps underneath from dust!!

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
windex sprayed on the area first, apply decal while it is wet, you can move the decal to get it nice and straight, then squeegee or sponge decal to remove any air bubbles and excess windex from underneath, allow to dry completely

·
Registered
97 Posts
Use plenty of water in a spray bottle. Cover the clean area where the decals will be applied with the water. This will help move and tweak the decal if it aint straight first time. Soak the decal too. Dont be afraid of moving the decal.
Take ya time though and work over the air bubles towards the edges with a rubber or felt pad.
Good luck. hope it looks well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mate did that in his car came out perfect :thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right, we got the decals on yesterday and what a nightmare!!
I expected a lot more from the genuine items from BMW. :frown
They were fiddly to fit, and they didnt follow the contours of the spoiler.
But Hey, i think they look good, not to everyones taste but im a bit fan of the Alpina stripes :D
They are not 100% perfect but good enough :silly

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
that looks very nice and compliments the car and may ai say what a tasteful way of adding that special touch with the aplina wheels, aplina bumper lip and decals!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.