BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just joined this site as I am looking at buying a 1998 E39 528i Auto saloon in a few days time.
This will be my first BMW, assuming I go ahead with the purchase, which I am confident about as it is a good friend I am buying it from.
I have owned a Fiat Marea TD125 HLX saloon since new in 1999 but my youngest son decided to take it for a spin and got it stuck in a ditch so it looks like it will be written off. (Over £1000 of damage to it!):mad
This is very annoying as you can imagine cos the Fiat was a great motor - I never had any problems with it.
Even if the insurance decide to fix my Fiat I will still be looking at getting this 5-series though.
Can anyone give me any good pointers to look for when I am looking over this car?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup
Mick

·
Platinum BFuk Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
New BMW!!

Thanks for the replies.
Since joining this forum I have learned loads and I finally bit the bullet and bought myself the E39 525i SE Auto saloon tonight!
Drives and sounds awesome.
I have insurance (from online) but all I need to do is try to get a Cert of Insurance and then I can get it taxed and get my own plates onto it now!!!!
Can't wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.