BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was browsing the site and looks like there is a wealth of info. That being the case Im sure I'll be around a lot looking for info.

I live in Ireland and I own a 06 320D SE. At the moment it has 18" wheels with 15mm rear spacers and is at my mechanics now geting an Eibach prokit fitted. So hope that works out well. I'm a bit concerned about the rear wheel rubbing with the 25mm drop and the 15mm spacers with 255 tyres. So if anyone has already done this on an E90 I'd love to hear how it worked out. Or better still see pics.:thumbsup

I was due to have the car back yesterday but salt had fused the nut onto the bottom support arm so it had to be cut off, the bushing was on its way out too so I guess I'm just as well to get it fixed now. I was also surprised that the top bearing on the shock had rust on it, so I asked them to replace this too. I thought this was odd on a car with 70k on the clock but the mechanic said its due to the car being an English import and ye guys put salt on the road in the winter, (that must cause a lot of problems for corrosion?) we use grit over here.

Anyway thats my intro over with. Thanks for having me. Hope I can contribute as well as take.
Cheers
TD

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi,
I was browsing the site and looks like there is a wealth of info. That being the case Im sure I'll be around a lot looking for info.

I live in Ireland and I own a 06 320D SE. At the moment it has 18" wheels with 15mm rear spacers and is at my mechanics now geting an Eibach prokit fitted. So hope that works out well. I'm a bit concerned about the rear wheel rubbing with the 25mm drop and the 15mm spacers with 255 tyres. So if anyone has already done this on an E90 I'd love to hear how it worked out. Or better still see pics.:thumbsup

I was due to have the car back yesterday but salt had fused the nut onto the bottom support arm so it had to be cut off, the bushing was on its way out too so I guess I'm just as well to get it fixed now. I was also surprised that the top bearing on the shock had rust on it, so I asked them to replace this too. I thought this was odd on a car with 70k on the clock but the mechanic said its due to the car being an English import and ye guys put salt on the road in the winter, (that must cause a lot of problems for corrosion?) we use grit over here.

Anyway thats my intro over with. Thanks for having me. Hope I can contribute as well as take.
Cheers
TD
HI and welcome to the forum :thumbsup

Rust on a shock mount is a bit unusual. It depends if the car has lived near the coast in its past life but if it has, that could explain it.

Not sure on the alloys rubbing but someone who knows will post Im sure :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.