BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
We after months of research and talking to BMW owners and the BMW's I have driven in, have decided to take the plunge.
Currently driving the UK's worst ever car. The MG ZR. Got it as my first UK car for insurance purposes and well, I was stupid.
Now 31 years old and wanting a proper car. BMW has always been a huge love of mine and finally able to buy one. Looking at 3 series 320 range. We have young kids and I will be traveling a lot for work. Current cars MOT expires in June 2015 so we plan to purchase the BMW then.

Hope to meet some great people and learn as much as possible before we go and buy the car.

Cheers

·
5,888 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi mate i,ve only been a member since november , its been a god send im learning loads of stuff . i went from a rover 75 to a 330i auto . great car luv working on it .just wish i had kept the 75 aswell lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi mate i,ve only been a member since november , its been a god send im learning loads of stuff . i went from a rover 75 to a 330i auto . great car luv working on it .just wish i had kept the 75 aswell lol
Hi.
The 75 is light years ahead of the ZR. Some very nice 75's still about with rock solid BMW V6 engines in them. However, for me the MG-Rover was the biggest mistake. Been problem after problem. Now the clutch is on its way out. Sunroof leaks non stop despite being sealed 7 times. Blower motor needs replaced. Wipers don't work on first setting. Small oil and fuel leak. Damp problem somewhere causing windows to always steam up and since blower needs replaced I have to drive around in cold and rain with window open. Other little problems too. Just not worth fixing on a crappy car that would only net me £300 if sold. Just going to scrap it.
I bought it as a cheap run around to do me as a first car. Now able to move on to what I actually want to drive and own. One thing though, I have learnt a lot about mechanics and fixing a car from that little Rover. The engine is still running great at 123,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts