BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I drive a 420d Gran Coupé M Sport as a company car and thought this would be a good place to ask a bit of an odd question...

My 420 recently went into a Sytner BMW branch for new front discs and pads. I never do any work on this car myself because it's a company car, it always goes to a BMW dealership. I was about to get into the car today and I noticed on the ground by the front wheel this automotive looking bolt. Just wondering if anyone recognises it as belonging to a 4 series?

Nothing obvious has dropped off the car yet and it still seems to work properly (goes round corners and stops etc), so I thought I'd ask here as I don't fancy jacking it up and going hunting for a hole minus a bolt that may not even exist :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
447 Posts
The head is automotive, mostly, the waisted shank says it's in tension so it may be off some sort of suspension linkage, but as Alan G said, nothing to suggest it's from the brake system. Do you tow a trailer or caravan, 'cos it's reminiscent of a caravan suspension bolt?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Put it in the boot for a month if nothing goes wrong then bin it lol.
Serious i don't think it's off your car but do you have a m8 living close by that likes a prank.
We used to add an extra bolt or 2 to the apprentices pile and watch him at the end of a job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts