BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new blueray player and was wondering if there will be a noticeable inmprovement in picture/sound quality if i go for hdmi rather than scarts....does anyone have any experience of these ???
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
901 Posts
Gold Plated HDMI but don't get a cheap one :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yes, massive difference!

What is the picture? 1080i or 1080p?

What's the capability of the tv? 1080p is considered the best! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
HDMI is definately better but there is no difference between a cheap HDMI or an expensive one so save your pennies if you get one and go for a cheaper option :thumbsup HDMI is better because it carries a digital signal much improved over the scart lead-You'll see the difference :thumbsup

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...the blueray is 1080p and the plasma is also 1080p so i guess it looks like i will be getting hdmi then...

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
589 Posts
HDMI cables are digital and will give better quality over scart (analogue) IMO,

and don't buy those fancy overpriced cables, Argos do HDMI cables at a good price and work just as well as the fancy ones :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Check the gadgets shows review of HDMI cables-no difference between the one that was £14 and the one that was £80+
Suppose that's true, but I personally notice a definite difference between gold-plated and non-gold-plated.

Gold plated carries the signal better.

FYI, all, I don't have a £60 gold-plated cable, I bought the cheapest I could! ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not just the gadget show mate, plenty of other reviews saying the same too. For a basic home set up you dont need mega expensive ones.
Glad you pointed this out as i would probably gone and spent cash i didnt need to !!! lol:thumbsup

·
Registered
749 Posts
I got a gold plated one of ebay for 99p plus 1.99 postage ;-) and it made a huuuuge difference especially with online gaming and blu ray dvds like planet earth and life etc

Reactions: phil angel

·
BFuk Resident Design Guru
2,834 Posts
IIRC, it generally is gold female connectors.

My laptop has HDMI output, and it's gold-plated!
well i got gold plated cable for my PS3 but the input for the tv and ps3 arent gold plated so its useless....

You god gold connector on your laptop!! not fair!! ive got a hdmi lead but not gold.. and my laptop was 600 pound!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mine retailed at £1200, and I got it for about £975. Insurance on it is £100 a year, so far.

It's the Asus G50, look it up!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts