BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Is your tool box complete, spare tyre inflated, jack and locking bolt present???

• YES

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • NO

Votes: 12 30.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to urge all members to stop everything they are doing and immediately check the contents of their vehicles tool box to ensure all is present and in working order including the jack, locking bolt key and the spare tyre sufficiently inflated.

I am asking you to do this because the Zafira my missus owns was missing the towing eye... and we found this out on the side of the Motorway:frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
I went to tow a 325i rolling shell home the other week and i didn't have a towing eye between the 2 cars...had to go to a scrapyard and pay a fiver for one!:frown

Leart me lesson though, i now have a toolbox in the back of the beemer with everything i should need

Reactions: RYM

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Always inspect upon purchase and then tools are left alone unless I know I use them. If I do they go back in the cars tool kit.

Your right to mention that everyone should check their kit and ensure its there, you never know when you'll need it

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I checked my breakdown cover and it's up to date :D
at least you won't break a nail calling for help on the mobile :D

That also a must though! If you have it, you'll probably not need it, if you don't have it you'll go through hell ... sods law :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Fwiw, I always keep a trolly jack (£25 RAC jobbie from Argos) along with a proper wheel nut extention lever with the usual size adapters. This is very useful should you get stranded as the tools work effectively.

Non of that poxy windup jack and catch your knuckles for 30mins m'lary and jumping on a tiny 6 inch wheel nut lever.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I've been tempted to carry my Electric impact wrench in the boot but haven't done so yet, I know the spare is in there as I MOTed the car today and lifted the boot mat but a jack and wheel brace??????????????? :confused

beats me :hihi

·
Registered
616 Posts
yep, when i bought mine the guy displayed a pic of a full toolbox (i didnt check). :shifty:

when i got to the trafford centre and saw i had a pucture i had no tool to remove the nuts:mad, luckily a m8 of mine came with some tyre weld:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When the previous owner of my car (father in law) bought the car it came with a spare wheel. Someone crashed into the back of him and it went to the paint shop for repair then 3 years later after a blow out on the M1 he discovered the paint shop forgot to put the spare back in the boot, he was not happy at all. I now have the car and i still havn't got round to buying a new one. So does an E36 spare fit on an E46?.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I would not tow any BMW with a rope , only would tow with a tow bar like the breakdown pro's use.

and then towing the car its tricky, oh and its not good when the vehicle infront pulls off too quickly - thats y both drivers need to communicate at alltimes
- oh and the classic problem the rope breaks.

best to get breakdown cover its cheap and should be alot safer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.