BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yip mate they are called rat car's you get a few off them at the shows now all dif kind off motors.personaly not my taste but 1 off my mate's loves them hahaha but then again he drives a 206 with major silly money spent on it,keep trying to make him see sense but not happen :lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Obviously not planning on keeping the car very long then is he-and he can't sell it on either cause no-one is going to want it...guess it'll stop the thieves though

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yea i do really like this look but if done right i see alot of vw round my way like it, well ive seen 5 of the rat look. normally golfs and passats.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it looks really retro shame it is actually rust and not paint apparently this guy crashed his car bought an unpainted bonnet to replace his damaged one and when it started to rust he liked it so he stripped the paint off his car and let it rust

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
The guy who 'built' that is also responsible for this e36 with an e46 M3 engine etc. A much better project I think lol

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it just me being stupid or have those wheels got a mercedes badge on the centre cap?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
They're re-drilled AMG wheels :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah don't think I would put the merc wheels on maybe replicas but not ones with a merc badge in the middle

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Yeah don't think I would put the merc wheels on maybe replicas but not ones with a merc badge in the middle
The vw boys have been doing it for years with Porsche and merc wheels so why not bmws and makes a change from all the bbs and m3 wheel fitments done to death in the scene and provides a new take on it,personally I think it looks the bollocks especially with the Orange indicators going on
:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
It's been done that way for this very reason; to get the backs up of bmw die-hards'. It would be very easy to get rid of the badge but why bother? anyone in the know will still know what wheels they are.
Each to their own of course but I love that thing, more because of what's under the bonnet but the looks are the icing on the cake.

I should get paid to promote AWOL lol I've mentioned that car at least 3 times on this site already.

Reactions: Spirit
1 - 20 of 27 Posts