BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not a big drinker, never have been, 3 pints is enough for me.

only go out on friday and saturday nights, and never sufferd with hangover problems until recently,

i feel fine after the first pint, half way through the second pint i can feel a headache coming on, the next day i have a SHOCKING hangover that lasts until 6 pm. thats just 2 pints.

i usualy drink fosters or john smiths.

i am not the only one who seems to be suffering, my brother says the same.

if i stick to gin and tonic, i am totaly headache free and feel fantastic the next day.

is there somthing there putting in the beer when they brew it, has the brewing process changed?

does anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its mixing drinks that kills me, had a bizzare variation of shorts and beers last night and feel like i've been hit by a train!
I think beer does tend to be more brutal than spirits when it comes to hangovers, stick to the gin i guess :)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
It's age, nothing new going in alcohol, just you can't handle it like you used to be able to, :D

I'm 32, and can party with the best and don't suffer from bad headaches. :hyper

I believe it is like most things, with practise it becomes easier, I felt worse when I became single again(lack of practise while tied down) and then with practise I can hammer a night and get up and go to work the next day. :shifty:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
A combination really. As Ronnie said I think you can 'train' yourself and build up a resistance; If I'm really good for a few weeks, excercise a lot and keep fairly healthy, when I DO go out I really feel it the next day.
I do also think the quality of a the alcohol makes a difference; I've got drunk on quality booze before and felt surprisingly well the next day. Then I've got drunk on cheap nasty student drink and felt like death the next day.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i think the point is about hangovers but has suffered really bad hangovers from beer that didnt get before
i have experienced this as well can go out and drink a litre of vodka no hangover at all 3 pints of beer terible hangover and theres alot less alcohol in 3 pints of beer compared to litre of vodka
i agree theres something different about beer

·
Registered
181 Posts
Happens to me all the time, and I'm 23. I used to go to frat parties like every day and no hangovers. Now over here, if I drink I get really really ill the next day. IDK, I think it's the alcohol content for me, I'm used to killing like 20 bud lights, and over here if drink the same amount I can't handle it. Makes me look like a bitch, I hate it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for your replys chaps, my headache from my 2 pints has just worn off, im going to the pub tonight :) but ill have 3 gin and tonic's and see how it goes.
i did read somwhere about sulphates that go into beer manufacture, maybe they are putting extra stuff in beer to make it keep longer because pubs are selling less and need it to last longer in the barrel?

RJB, i drink alot of water through the day, we have a water cooler/filter at work and i have about 1.5l at work and water at home so i dont think im de-hydrated.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I don't drink water before going to bed after a night out, and neither do I drink much fluids in the day, so for me the water idea is redundant.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Yeah i try keep my stomach empty so theres nothing to spew up! haha
I don't get that anymore, :shifty:

Doesn't matter if I've eaten loads or nothing, I get spannered and then my brain turns me off, hence why there are stories of me asleep sat down, stood up and on my bike circulating around my mates if you ask them, :lol

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i think its all the sh+t they put in beer etc in this country to brew it quicker..

when i used to drink i always drank the french or belgium stuff they are not allowed to put any crap in it like they can here.. headaches were never as bad as UK stuff ..

·
Registered
479 Posts
It can be really down to what type of beer your drinking, nothing to do with alcohol level or whatever. Beer being made from hops and yeast etc can dehydrate your system as it gets broken down.

The likes of Fosters, Peroni and Stella are known around here as dry beers, in other words very hard work on the system through out the night and into the next morning...

Other beers like Heineken, Carlsberg, Harp, Miller and Bud are known as blonde beer or a "wetter" beer meaning a lot less work on the system. You get the same amount of drunkeness but you don't get tired as fast which is very important for those of us who like to keep going until the early hours the next day but more importantly you get little or no hangover so you can go get up to the same shenanigans the following night :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 55 Posts